Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

i'm afraid that is not the full story. this, however, is:

if "preferably no flights" wins then we might as well go to the stone age.

now, that's bull of the highest calibre
From a climate CO2 point of view that's an entirely correct statement.

But you probably don't believe in climate change, in which case from your POV it would be problematical.

But you probably don't believe in climate change, in which case from your POV it would be problematical.

well, yet another assumption not correct.

if there are no flights it's not problematic just from my pov but from ALL of ours.

if there are no flights it's not problematic just from my pov but from ALL of ours.
Not for people who don't fly anywhere.

You can't really draw a conclusion without some parameters on the question. Flights are problematic from some PsOV but not others.

Haven't heard much about Greta recently. I expect she is a bit pissed off with all this lack of C02 emissions. Rather less to get angry about. But I suppose she is still missing school.

BH was not talking about cargo flights, your argument is as bogus as you are.
yeah, cause those do not emit co2, right? if bh was not talking about cargo it seems that mike is as thick as me

commie intelligence

Typical straw man clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to deflect from his own inability to present a valid argument.

To clear up any misunderstandings or deliberate misinterpretations: "Preferably no flights" meant not moving people (and therefore potential infectious agents) around the world in timescales shorter than the incubation period.

Climate change issues were not under consideration when that post was made, and it is unreasonable to read anything into it about climate change. However, although air transport emits a substantial amount of CO2, it is only a small contribution to the overall CO2 emission. Of more concern is the effect it has in the upper atmosphere (whether that can be interpreted as good or bad).

Last edited:
Typical straw man clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to deflect from his own inability to present a valid argument.
hey, commie. listen up:

bh posted what to me, trev and mike was a co2 argument and we ALL replied based on that.

you would not know what an argument is if it hit you square in the face.

hey, commie. listen up:

bh posted what to me, trev and mike was a co2 argument and we ALL replied based on that.

you would not know what an argument is if it hit you square in the face.

Keep clutching straw man, your tears are amusing me no end.

Perhaps it should be rebranded Virus Endemic day and we should all go out and street party the hell out of it to achieve natural herd immunity which may well prove to be the only viable exit strategy? 😕

Quite a few houses round here had front garden 'parties' today with flags, etc, out.
One had a Dalek on the drive (with a Union flag in it's 'gun') :confused:
(It wasn't just a small model or toy - looked full size to me.)

Back