Skip and Fast Forward not working properly

What I see is a significant pause on HD recordings before playback starts which I would define as picture appearing and the timeline starting to advance, about 3 seconds. So I would say playback hadn't started when I hit the FF button. Do you see a pause? My setup is Aura connected by HDMI to LG 49UJ750V.
If you allow playback to continue for 2-3 seconds at the start of the recording, then use FF at 4x or 8x, do you still get the problem? That's what I usually do, and I get the problem every time.

Hmmm....very odd. If I FF from a couple of seconds in, at 4x or 8x, until I see the newscaster, it always takes me right back to the start. Any pretty much only on the lunchtime BBC1HD news. I must have the Rita Chakrabati patch installed :D

You didn't answer this question in post #20:
What I see is a significant pause on HD recordings before playback starts which I would define as picture appearing and the timeline starting to advance, about 3 seconds. So I would say playback hadn't started when I hit the FF button. Do you see a pause?

You didn't answer this question in post #20:
Sorry I missed that. I do see a pause, just over 1 second, with a blank screen, before playback starts. I usually wait until after that before I press the FF button.
I find that if I FF at 1.5x or 2x I don't get the problem. Anything 4x or more and I always get taken straight back to the start of the News, regardless of how long I FF for.

Sorry I missed that. I do see a pause, just over 1 second, with a blank screen, before playback starts.
I wonder why the delay varies? Could other Aura users tell us what delay they see between initiating playback of an HD recording and the playback starting (I would define that as the counter on the timeline starting to advance). The make and model of TV would be useful as well.

Could other Aura users tell us what delay they see between initiating playback of an HD recording and the playback starting (I would define that as the counter on the timeline starting to advance). The make and model of TV would be useful as well.
Quick check of one programme on ours does about 3 seconds from pressing play to the time counter moving to the next second. (So actual start may be 2 seconds.)
TV is a Sony KD-65AF8. Connection is direct to HDMI 1 input.

Back