Sky player problem

Its telling me my credentials are incorrect, trouble is I can't re-enter as the boxes are pre-popoulated and I can find a delete key on the humax remote, so that I can try to re-enter my login details?

Thanks for the info, I tried re-entering my details on the Humax and its still says they are incorrect. I can watch via my PC though with the same credentials, so maybe they have switched the Humax Sky Player off some how, saying that I can watch the free channel. So they must be having a problem with authentication.

Same for me too. Working fine from laptop, and my account shows the Humax as a registered device.

Hopefully a short term problem!

exact same here, it'd be lousy if thats its finished, must say i use it all the time. My only other option is to use the xbox but the humax was so handy, especially with the sky player direct load programmed button.

Same here, too; error code 1620 and unable to log in.

Got up specially to watch the F1 Drivers Press Conference ahead of the Australian GP.

I tried uninstalling/installing the custom portal to no effect and am still able to watch SkyGo via my PC.

I sure do hope it works by the weekend - not as comfortable sat watching on the PC rather than my big recliner.

A sad day for all...

I am having the same problem, error code 1620, says my login details are wrong, but I can login on my laptop and everything works OK.

I do hope this is just a temporary fault.....

Cheers
Ian

I'm having the same issue too :(

All works fine on my PC but no joy on the Humax - same error as above.

Thankfully my Mac Mini is plugged into the same TV but the interface isn't as nice to use as the Humax! I wonder if they're looking at officially launching Now TV on the portal and have thus scrapped Sky Go??

Sky have changed something on their end, they don't allow skygo to work on jailbroken iPhones so we use a tweak called xcon to disable their jailbreak detection, it's all stopped working about the same time as my humax sky player stopped working last few days, the guy who wrote xcon thinks its to do with hmac? Not sure what that means myself but if you scroll down to the bottom of this thread you'll see what I mean:
https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon-Issues/issues/55
Either way we've all just lost skygo for the foreseeable future :(

yeah, seems like they are shutting down something on their end, I'm still able to either watch through my pc via hdmi cable, or xbox but the humax wins hands down. What annoys me slightly, is when i bought the box, i knew nothing of the custom firmware abilities, I went to pc world, had a look through the pvr boxes, saw that sky player was listed on the front of the packaging and bought it for this reason. False advertising! nevermind!

I had the same problem. I was watching Skyplayer fine on my Humax on Thursday (I use it a lot to watch sky). When I tried to watch the F1 practice on Friday, it gave me the same error code. I tried again and it said user not recognised. So, I retyped the login info, and it still said user not recognised.
I then went up to the PC to watch skyplayer (I rarely watch skyplayer on the PC). It UPDATED the skyplayer on the pc FIRST, then it worked ok on the PC.
So, I think they have made a change and the PC automatically updates the skyplayer software to continue working, but the Humax box can't do that.
I hope it is possible for the clever people who write the custom portal to fix it to still work as I rely on that quite a lot...

Nothing we can do mate. All we do is enable the hidden app.
What sky do to the backend is out of our control.
But like I said, it's had this type of problem before and it came back to life, so you never know..

Damm ! the first time I go to test ! same here, no error just comes back saying incorrect credentials or such like...

Same here, I just disabled the Sky iD on my laptop to enable it on the Humax, but it doesn't recognise my credentials. Very frustrating, I hope Sky let me back on the laptop with their one-change-per-month policy :(

Back