Slow Responding Remote

I get the impression that Scuttlebroom didn't press the OK button and that it appeared in the history pane when he had just pressed 101. I don't get it.
You are right 4291, I simply pressed the BBC News Icon as well as the BBC One HD Icon as shown on favourites, as well as using the channel drop down and the line of code appeared in the history!

It is all working again now, although after watching a recorded programme tonight, the remote played up again,so am currently following Shaggy's advice and removing CF and re-installing as per the Wiki instructions!

There has been some work done to increase the rate at which the ir package can accept commands, so the rate at which the WebIF sends them was also increased. Possibly this is a case of them being sent too fast. What happens if the individual buttons are pressed, at a slow rate, instead of the macro?
We have drifted from the subject of this thread although we are responding to a query by the OP.

We are both using button presses or mouse clicks, not macros.

You misled me. I asked what appeared in the History pane when you pressed 101, not a favourites icon. OK appears in my History using favourite shortcuts.

Sorry 4291, I didn't intend to mislead you! I simply replied with what the history showed, I didn't realise anyone would press 101, I always use the quickest option available!

Just to report back after I removed CF and reinstated it last night, the box has been working fine this morning, so so far, so good, I will advise if it stays the same or gets worse as the days progress!

Thanks for all your help, and advice, I now have my box back with all the CF packages I had before the issue started!:)

If it comes back I'd suggest a full disk check which is available now in the latest CF.
Funny thing is David, I had to do that a few weeks ago, as I had the dreaded delete loop, but the sluggish remote came back afterwards, so no idea why CF caused it, and hopefully now all back to normal!

sorry to bump a very old thread - but my experience may help others! I had this problem just this evening - VERY unresponsive remote, and dug out the harmony, which had the same problem.... Fresh batteries, yadda yadda. After lots of head scratching, I discovered that I'd put my used dinner plate on top of an unrelated remote (Popcorn Hour, as it happens) and it was resting on a button - sending constant signals... After moving my dinner plate, all is fine!

I came across this thread immediately when I searched for the problem - so maybe this 'solution' can stop others embarrassing themselves!

Back