I do notice the slow scrolling on the HDR-FOX T2 but not on the HDR-2000T so I think the HDR-2000T is certainly quicker but I haven't tried to benchmark them.I wouldn't expect the HDR 2000T to be much quicker: perhaps an owner could comment?
Install the old version of the software to fix the slow EPG.
1. Create a Favourites list of say the 10 most used channels that you want to see on the EPG. (Smaller number the better to help improve EPG navigation speed.)
2. In the EPG press the yellow "Schedule" button to see a list of scheduled future recordings.
3. Scroll down the list until you get to a load of entries that have no date/time associated. They are previous series record selections that mostly will be redundant. Go through the entries and delete all that are no longer valid. That will be about 95% of them because transmission of the series has been completed.
4. Go back to the EPG and select your Favourites list with the blue button. Change the live TV channel once by selecting a new channel from the EPG. That means next time you select the EPG it will default to your Favourites display.
5. Now you should have much faster EPG navigation.
Hope that helps.