slow to navigate through tv guide?

sohlinux

Hi, When looking through the humax tv guide its quite slow to respond, rather than instant it has about 1 or 2 seconds delay which can be quite frustrating. any ideas? thanks

Web interface version: 1.0.10-1
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12

The slow scrolling of the EPG is present in firmware versions 1.03.06, 1.03.11 and 1.03.12, Humax are aware of this problem

Humax may be aware of they problem but I think this is just an excuse now to get people to upgrade to a newer model :)

I wouldn't expect the HDR 2000T to be much quicker: perhaps an owner could comment? The 2000T has software similar to the HDR-FOX (1.03.xx versions), but it does benefit from more RAM and a faster processor. At the moment the 2000T lacks RF loopthrough, cannot stream high def. content by DLNA and still has the new high def. channel recording bug. These issues put me off more than the possibility of a slightly quicker EPG.

Doesn't that version have the HD channel recording bug, though?

If the HDR-2000T still has that bug then that might explain why its EPG would be more responsive.

I believe it does have issues. So to fix one problem you have to introduce another. Not very good customer service :)

Bugger, so no fix there then. :-(

I guess we'll just have to hope Humax fix both the EPG & the recording issue in one.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Try this........
1. Create a Favourites list of say the 10 most used channels that you want to see on the EPG. (Smaller number the better to help improve EPG navigation speed.)
2. In the EPG press the yellow "Schedule" button to see a list of scheduled future recordings.
3. Scroll down the list until you get to a load of entries that have no date/time associated. They are previous series record selections that mostly will be redundant. Go through the entries and delete all that are no longer valid. That will be about 95% of them because transmission of the series has been completed.
4. Go back to the EPG and select your Favourites list with the blue button. Change the live TV channel once by selecting a new channel from the EPG. That means next time you select the EPG it will default to your Favourites display.
5. Now you should have much faster EPG navigation.

Hope that helps.

Also, when navigating through the EPG use the following buttons to improve speed of searching:
<< and >> (fast back/forward) to skip left/right 2 hours at a time,
|<< and >>| (skip) to skip 24 hours at a time,
Program up/down to move up/down the list one page at a time.
Using these buttons tends to make the "slow" navigation less of an inconvenience than the step at a time navigation buttons (the single arrows around "OK" on the remote).

Try this........
1. Create a Favourites list of say the 10 most used channels that you want to see on the EPG. (Smaller number the better to help improve EPG navigation speed.)
2. In the EPG press the yellow "Schedule" button to see a list of scheduled future recordings.
3. Scroll down the list until you get to a load of entries that have no date/time associated. They are previous series record selections that mostly will be redundant. Go through the entries and delete all that are no longer valid. That will be about 95% of them because transmission of the series has been completed.
4. Go back to the EPG and select your Favourites list with the blue button. Change the live TV channel once by selecting a new channel from the EPG. That means next time you select the EPG it will default to your Favourites display.
5. Now you should have much faster EPG navigation.

Hope that helps.

perfect. its much faster now!

Back