Sluggish remote on EPG with CF 2.22

LDW

Has anyone else had this?

The remote works fine in all circs EXCEPT navigating the EPG, where it's very sluggish. It sometimes needs several presses to react - and then sometimes reacts to a press from a few seconds ago.

Yes, I have tried new batteries, and a hard reset.

Loving 2.22/1.03.12 otherwise - but this problem tempts me to downgrade.

Any ideas?

This is not connected to custom firmware, and is a known 1.03.xx firmware feature. You will have to revert to 1.02.32 or earlier to get rid of the sluggish EPG.

Drat! I expected as much. Such 'features' tend to come from Humax and not from the custom firmware. :)

That's why I was on old firmware until I had issues with iPlayer.

So does that mean that now I have to choose between a working iPlayer and a working remote?

That's about the size of it. (It isn't the remote that's at fault, just the speed of the EPG when you move around it).

The EPG does tend to speed up a bit if you delete all of the old "scheduled recording entries". I.e. Those that hang around for three months after the series has finished.

The EPG does tend to speed up a bit if you delete all of the old "scheduled recording entries". I.e. Those that hang around for three months after the series has finished.
I don't tend to have any of those, but still have a Very slow EPG for my 7 tuned channels.

Thank you, everyone.

The answer was there all the time: always programme recordings through Hummypkg Remote Scheduling and none of these problems will arise!

I have finally taken the plungeand updated to the latest version. I must say I can't see any sluggish behavior in the epg. Perhaps it's early days?

I thought that at first, don't worry it will happen sooner or later.:-(

Mines as slow as ever! Really getting to the point now where I wonder if I should replace the thing with something else. It's been frustrating for many months now. I've emailed Humax support in the vain hope they'll take note. My concern is this is an old model now and I wonder whether a fix will ever be produced. We can but hope.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Failing that earlier firmwares do not have the epg bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of going back to the older version but recall it had issues recording BBC 3 and 4 on HD. Not done a factory reset but did remove a lot from the scheduled recording and that speeded things up a bit but...... I set quite a lot to record so that doesn't solve it. The most irritating bit is when you press the down arrow to go to down a few channels in the EPG and because it's slow you press it more than you need so jump 2 or 3 channels below what you want... then you have to go back up again. AHAGGAHAHAHG....

Then you have to decide where the lesser evil lies. There is still a bug in 1.03.12 for BBC3/4HD recording, although you might not have come across it. 1.02.32 is also unable to play radio content from iPlayer.

I don't even have BBC3/4HD tuned in (I don't think it's available here, but I wouldn't be bothered if it was).

Back