software or channel update

I have the Humax FVP-4000T I have a problem where the picture and sound are constantly freezing like a stuttering. Signal test show both strength and quality at 100%.
If your signal strength is reported as a 100% there is a strong possibility that you have too much signal strength and are overloading the tuners and that will produce the symptoms you describe. If there is an amplifier in your aerial cabling then either try removing it or turning down the gain; if there is no amplifier then try fitting a variable attenuator in the aerial cabling to reduce the signal level.

Edit
Martin's post wasn't visible to me when I posted mine
Signal test show both strength and quality at 100%.
If your signal strength is at 100%, there is a very good chance that the problem is that this is too high (as pointed out recently in other posts), do you have an aerial signal amplifier fitted?, if so try taking it out

Last edited:
And I only saw the previous couple of posts after I sent mine. We all seem to agree on a probable cause....

The fact that you have 100% signal could mean that it also too strong for the tuner sensitivity which can cause cross modulation. Try fitting an attenuator working up from 6dB (followed by 12dB and 18dB).......................

Isn't it only because the next posts were "over the page"?
No - not in my case anyway, however, access to anything on the internet has been very slugish at my location all day, I blame it on the recent availability of Stranger Things series 2 and The Orville :)

Last edited:
Back