SOLVED: The CF causes processor overload UNLESS fixdisk used to optimise hard drive again

OK the, Please explain EXACTLY which part of the CF is causing
The CF causes processor overload...?
It doesn't, but as BH said, a 'faulty' file system/HDD can. The title of this thread is both wrong and misleading.

fixdisk doesn't fix the custom firmware, it is a custom firmware tool to fix the disk (and file system). If fixdisk solved the processor overload problem, then it was HDD and/or file system faults which were the cause of the problem - not the CF... but I guess that's too logical for the OP.

Certainly using CF to perform additional processing over and above the standard firmware does increase the processor load, but processing priorities are set so that standard processing gets first dibs and it's not a problem provided the HDD/file system are performing correctly. If the HDD/file system are not performing correctly, that's still a problem even if non-CF users don't notice it (until it fails completely).

OK the, Please explain EXACTLY which part of the CF is causing
The CF causes processor overload...?
It doesn't, but as BH said, a 'faulty' file system/HDD can. The title of this thread is both wrong and misleading.
There were at least two people who had maxed out cpu on cf 3.13 . When I changed from my old cf I had the exact situation, maxed out CPU. So yes, the title is fair.

So yes, the title is fair.
To paraphrase prpr, the title is Bollox. It was NOT the CF that was causing tout problem. It was the HDD/file system that was causing it, and luckily you had access to the CF fixdisk to enable you to fix it.

So CF FIXED the problem, it did not CAUSE it as the totally misleading title implies.
As I said before. If you still believe you are correct despite evidence to the contrary, supplied by yourself, please explain exactly how the CF caused the problem.

To paraphrase prpr, the title is Bollox. It was NOT the CF that was causing tout problem. It was the HDD/file system that was causing it,

to paraphrase ad nauseam, the above is bollocks.

it was the SAME hdd/file system whilst I had the old cf and when I had the newer 3.13 cf. in the old my cpu was averaging 70%, in the new it was maxing out.

now, these are incontrovertible FACTS.

it was the SAME hdd/file system whilst I had the old cf and when I had the newer 3.13 cf. in the old my cpu was averaging 70%, in the new it was maxing out.

now, these are incontrovertible FACTS.
And totally irrelevant to the pixellation problems you have been experiencing which were caused by problems in your disk system

By your own admission CPU usage with CF 3.13 has dropped after you ran fix disk, it was the disk problems causing high cpu usage not vice versa

It was the SAME hdd/file system whilst I had the old cf and when I had the newer 3.13 cf. in the old my cpu was averaging 70%, in the new it was maxing out.
So what? You were getting exactly the same pixellation and break up problem BEFORE you upgraded to 3.13 (see post #38), so swapping to the later CF made no difference to the break up, but did enable you to find out what was really wrong with your box.
Or are you just trolling us all? If so, it's pretty successful. So just in case. I rest my case on this one after first saying that the title of this thread is both wrong and misleading.

So what? You were getting exactly the same pixellation and break up problem BEFORE you upgraded to 3.13 (see post #38), so swapping to the later CF made no difference to the break up, but did enable you to find out what was really wrong with your box.
Or are you just trolling us all? If so, it's pretty successful. So just in case. I rest my case on this one after first saying that the title of this thread is both wrong and misleading.
I see that you deliberately LEFT OUT the part about incontrovertible facts. because you just can't deny it.

secondly. when are you going to get it into your head that I am not talking about pixellation. go on. check out my posts of the last day or so.

thirdly. what is wrong about the thread title? it is FACTUAL AND REPRODUCIBLE by other members not just me, including the esteemed bh.

The problem with the thread title is that there is no evidence that the cpu is overloaded and that is the cause of any of your problems

Yes I can very easily reproduce the symptoms of a maxxed out cpu, what cannot be reproduced is that causing pixellation on recordings

To you maxed out does not equal overloaded?

Also, check out my secondly para above
Overloaded implies that it is causing a problem, so what problems is this "overloading" currently causing you?

I am currently recording, running detectads and normal CF plus testing stripts software decryption and yes CPU is maxxed out but I see no problems other than bit sluggish response to webif.
1583087674315.png

Back