Sound Dropping Out on BBC1HD

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
The sound keeps fading on the England v France match - the previous matches were OK. Back to the bad old days it seems.

I was hearing some faint crackling at one point but no drop outs which I put down to local interference with one or more of the pitchside mike feeeds. Was it maybe your AV amp momentarily switching audio format from DD to DPL then back again?

No, I got the same as you (a slight crackle and then a substantial but not total loss of volume). I realise it was not the old fault, but it was a shame nonetheless.

Fantastic rugby, never seen anything like it.

They should arrange the fixtures for the last match day every year so that the leader going in plays last and the team lying second plays next to last etc. Of course if the two bottom teams had not buckled so easily it may have made for a stodgy (if still tense) final game. As it was I had to keep reminding myself I was not watching the Babas.

Roll on the World Cup.

For what it's worth: the sound level was low at the start of Strictly last night, from immediately after the continuity announcer until the start of the first couple's dance.

Yes, about 7 minutes or so. Sounded like it was about 20dB down. Wonder if it was a metadata problem rather than something more fundamental with the actual audio given that SD was OK and that would be derived from the HD feed at some point.

For what it's worth: the sound level was low at the start of Strictly last night, from immediately after the continuity announcer until the start of the first couple's dance.
The trailer at 21:09 for tonight's Strictly Come Dancing results also had low sound.

It was HD. It was the trailer after the end of Doctor Who and the BBC Trust survey announcement.
Unfortunately I am only recording this series in HD and so I don't know if it also applied to SD. It occurred on a Vestel and a T2 (with latest 1.03 software 13?) with audio set to stereo.

Back