Spell check

talos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have we got one or could we get one? My spelling is atro, atr, atroc,

Bad:)

I use IESpell.

Much better to use a spell-checker that works everywhere as you don't have to keep adding the same missing words to all the site-specific ones - assuming they allow it, that is.

ditto on adblock.

I am using Firefox 8 beta - this appears to have the spellchecker built it. Although it does use the Americanized spellings ... I must install the english dictionary.

er make that Firefox 4 beta 8... just upgraded to 9 when I installed the UK dictionary...

if you're a FF user I would really recommend trying FF4 beta - its a good bit faster than FF3

er make that Firefox 4 beta 8... just upgraded to 9 when I installed the UK dictionary...

if you're a FF user I would really recommend trying FF4 beta - its a good bit faster than FF3
I did try an FF beta, but found that a number of my favourite add-ons were not compatible, so I reverted back to the current version.

Thats a shame - i've been running FF4 beta since beta 7 and never had any issues with it - its been rock solid and IMO a worthwhile upgrade from FF3

For me there were a couple of addons that were not compatible but - to be honest - i haven't missed them a bit.

Back