Startup Loop

cah1982

So when i turn the box on it says starting up, then custom FW then repeats

Odd time it will power straight on but not always, if i unplug the HDD it boots straight away.

I have replaced with new HDD, run flush, reinstalled everything from scratch

So its definetly a power issue

1640375664882.png

I have replaced them 6 capacitors as looking at previous models these are ones that need replacing.

Any one else know which/what might be faulty, all ones on main board are SMD ones

It does exact same with standard firmware, so knew it was hardware issue, thought i had posted in the normal thread :|

cheers, orders the other cap to replace

Suggestion - also replace the smaller capacitor betwwen CY3 and R125. :)
You'll then have changed all the supply rail capacitors. :)

I was going to order that too and the other further up board, but tbh didnt think id get them before xmas, collecting a 4.7uf tomorrow for the one near HDD connector so get to replace that, hopefully that will solve it as it seems exact same issue.

Do report back. Hopefully you've realised the capacitor doesn't need to be a SM component (and probably easier to fit if it isn't).

Meanwhile I'll link to this thread from the master thread. I considered merging the threads, but having another could improve search hits.

yeah, its only a standard through hole I can get hold of on xmas day lol. thank god for geeks with bbc micros :)

Im fine soldering the SMDs, but if this works I`ll just leave this on

Back