Still having the original HDD in the original type t2 anyone?

I very much doubt that's HDD-related.
Have you installed 'tunefix' ?

tunefix
Info
1.8.6Automatic channel organisation and maintenance.
Remove​
tunefix-update
Info
1.0.87Automatic Freeview channel updates.

Still on original 500GB
Purchased Oct 2012 ( Grade A refurb from Humax)

9Power_On_Hours-O--CK5237404104100041%-
10Spin_Retry_CountPO--C-0100100097100%-
12Power_Cycle_Count-O--CK201409909902099%-

Mine still has the original 500 Gb disc, but I wonder if the unit is giving up. It's started switching stations round the channels. For example, Film 4 (supposed to be on channel 14) disappears. Channel 14 now features More4. Channel 18 is not there at all. So an automatic retune puts all back to where it should be until I switch on again, and the same station/channel errors occur. I have CF.
Any thoughts? Or do I need a new Humax>
Nothing to do with the HDD. Try a system flush - see Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click), item 1C.

Mine still has the original 500 Gb disc, but I wonder if the unit is giving up. It's started switching stations round the channels. For example, Film 4 (supposed to be on channel 14) disappears. Channel 14 now features More4. Channel 18 is not there at all. So an automatic retune puts all back to where it should be until I switch on again, and the same station/channel errors occur. I have CF.
Any thoughts? Or do I need a new Humax>

Probably just needs a re-tune.

I am with Trev sounds like a tunefix related issue if the OP is using custom firmware and has tunefix installed.
Yes, I agree, although it would have been because of the user's own actions, but we will never know as s/he couldn't be bothered to reply in over 2 months.

Back