Stream recorded content to an iPad or PC?

Eagles

I'm considering getting one of these but just wondered if it will stream recorded content to an iPad or PC? Since F1 has switched to Channel 4 I can no longer cope with watching it on the advert ridden 4OD anymore plus the missus doesn't like watching it on TV hence why it needs to stream to another device!

Ideally, you would obtain a second-hand HDR-FOX and join the custom firmware revolution. What limitations the 4000 has will be found in this section of the forum, but I'm sure someone who owns one will be along to enumerate...

I haven't heard great things about them which is putting me off somewhat! That's interesting so with an HDR-FOX on custom firmwire I should be able to stream an HD recording onto another device?

No problem (the only limitations being the capability of the destination device and the bandwidth of the communication system). Get reading:
Things Every... (click) section 5, Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click), Wiki (click).

All you actually need for streaming HiDef recordings is to get them "unprotected" - this can be done (on HDR-FOX) without CF by using FTP and a small PC program called Foxy. After that they can be streamed just the same as StDef using the HDR-FOX's standard built-in DLNA server. A similar strategy can be applied to HDR-1800/2000T, and that is covered in the Decryption Guide (click). My step-by-step exploration from the ground up is detailed in the Trail Guide (click).

However, that said, HDR-FOX + CF offers so many opportunities for the enthusiast it should be difficult to turn down (I have three running at home, another lent out, and a fifth in store as a spare).

Last edited:
Back