Something annoying I've found with this new vertical tuners HDR Fox T2: if I have custom firmware reboot the box, it never manages to tune into a channel after the reboot. It always claims the signal is scrambled or some such, I forget the exact wording but it's what happens when the box loses its encryption key I believe. If I put the box into standby and bring it out again then it is fine. This might sound trivial but it means I daren't use the RS feature Schedule Reboot as the box will then be stuck in a state where it can't receive anything until it goes back into standby. OK at 4:20am but not necessarily OK if you're trying to schedule a last minute recording.
Is this a common feature of vertical tuners boxes? I wouldn't know as it is the only one I own, but I've never seen this with the 4 horizontal tuners boxes I've used. One thing is for sure, given this behaviour and the different power supply if I buy any HDR Fox T2s on eBay I'll be avoiding vertical tuners boxes. I'm using this one because I have it but that doesn't mean I like it.