Suddenly started crashing on channel 85 (RT) 12th June 2014 - why now?

Hi Chris, I did have media sharing turned on but I turned it off a few weeks ago but it didn't change anything. However I now seem to have had some success. My humax is connect to my network via an access point which for some reason was not functioning. I reset this device and it seems like I can now view these channels. Another post gave me the idea when they mentioned a power line adapter. I will keep monitoring over the next few days. Any ideas why this would cause the crash?

First started freeze/50 sec then reboot problem around 21 May. Crystal Palace transmitter.
HDR-FOX T2 500GB no custom s/ware. FHTCP 1.03.12 Loader a 7.30 update date 7 Feb 2014.
Freeze is mainly on CH28 (Film4 + 1) 4Music, Yesterday, 4/7 , RT also Film 4 (CH26).
Have run disk check and re tuned - same problem. No ethernet plugged in. SCART connection to TV.
Has this problem moved forward and possible solution ?

We have no definite idea what triggers it. You could try the general measures for "weird" problems:
  • Turn it off and on again (at the mains);
  • Perform a factory reset Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default;
  • Refresh the firmware (clutching at straws).
As you say you don't have custom firmware, the Humax native disk check is not particularly effective. If you really want to know about the health of your HDD see Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click).

I'll see if I can get at the logs using the custom firmware.

I've just tested it again: RT crashes every 50 seconds whichever channel I initially start the box on. However, if I crash on RT, let the box reboot and reload RT, then I tune to another channel, that other channel also crashes! I have to let it boot up again to the other channel and then it's stable. If I'm on RT I can tune to another channel as normal provided the crash hasn't started.

The crashing on RT is always the same: after 50 seconds the picture freezes and I can't tune to another channel. The audio continues for another 10 seconds, then the Humax reboots.

Something must be causing this but maybe it's not the IPTV service being carried on RT if the crashing is only happening for a few people? Could it be something in the custom firmware?

Hi new user here and I found this forum because I've got this exact same problem. If I watch Film4 (or Film4+1) then after 50 seconds it crashes. And as you said if at the reboot it is on Film4 and you switch to BBC1 it still crashes after 50 seconds. Then on the following reboot because it starts on BBC1 it doesn't crash.

On stock 1.03.12, has never been modified and have had no other problems. Since I have only started watching Film4 I can't be sure when the issue might have began but its been doing this for about 2 weeks.

This is very odd. I had Film4 on the other night and no problem at all (I was watching 1.02.20, but my 1.03.12 machine was recording the same thing). I'm sure we would have a slew of reports if as main-stream a channel as Film4 was wonky.

This is very odd. I had Film4 on the other night and no problem at all (I was watching 1.02.20, but my 1.03.12 machine was recording the same thing). I'm sure we would have a slew of reports if as main-stream a channel as Film4 was wonky.

Did a retune tonight just to try, however still same thing, crashing exactly 50 seconds after viewing Film4.

Did a retune tonight just to try, however still same thing, crashing exactly 50 seconds after viewing Film4.
Hi,

I see this all the time. On RT, E4+1, Film4+1. Once I go back to BBC 1 or ITV unit is stable. A number of months ago, I had a previous version of CF loaded (can't remember which ver) and this was happening constantly. Then I noticed that the unit had been automatically updated during the night. I reinstalled the CF and that seem to fix the reset issues.

Having now installed 1.3.12, I see the same issues again...resetting on RT, E4+1, etc but the hummy hasn't been automatically updated, so I don't know what is causing the issue. I'm sure this must be a very common issue.

Bob

It isn't a common issue, and so far we don't have a hypothesis to explain why it happens for some but not most.

Mine crashes quickly, like 50seconds on film4 and channel 4 +1

Web interface version: 1.0.16-4
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)
Serial Number:

Stockland hill transmitter

Thought it might have something to do with homeplug or network acced but really dont know.

I swear it has got something to do with lan. C4+1 crashes in 50secs
50secs

Initial Setup,
humax > switch > powerline > powerline > adsl router

Change setup,
humax > powerline > powerline > adsl router

No crash up to 5 mins

Back to initial setup,
humax > switch > powerline > powerline > adsl router

Crash after 50secs

Message on panel "Crash Wait,..
Reboot in 10, 9, 8.......

Have you got anything other than the hummy connected to the switch? (My guess would be 'no')

Hi Trev, not sure why your guess would be no tho, that's just damn intriguing!

other items connected to the switch are:
synology NAS server
X-Box 360
Samsung TV
philips blue ray player
the Humax
ZyXEL PLA series power adaptor

Back