Support for basic Markdown

When I looked at your post with crontab in it and tried to preview something similar here I coudn't see a problem.
Can you describe the problem you had with the crontab post?

Try this:
Code:
"15 * * * *" something "*" something else

"15 * * * " something "" something else

...which has been converted to (count the asterisks):
Code:
"15 * * * [I]" something "[/I]" something else

Aha! I see the problem.
In theory it looks as though Markdown should let you escape characters. It doesn't seem to work.
Code:
\*If I understand it correctly, the asterisk should display\*
\If I understand it correctly, the asterisk should display\ but it doesn't and the text gets italicised.
Looks like [plain][/plain] is the only viable solution - unless someone knows better.

Bloody got caught out again when inserting footnote references using asterisks, and I can't find a "plain" tool on the toolbar either.

Don’t know the one about footnote references. Have enough problems with “out of date browser” on laptop - many of the extra menus (vertical ...) don’t work. On the iPhone some work in unexpected ways. Always had to add plain manually. Is there supposed to be a short cut?

Don’t know the one about footnote references
Putting in asterisks to refer to a footnote. Once a paragraph contains more than one asterisk, pairs get treated as markdown and italicise the encompassed text. I might not notice until I review the post at a later time and discover it is garbled, and then have to replace the asterisks and put it in plain tags.

Always had to add plain manually. Is there supposed to be a short cut?
I can edit the toolbar, but there does not seem to be a "plain" button
Ok, it seems that I can do it - need to find a better icon though

``` *test_ fred
There must have been one back then (March last year) otherwise I would have said so... but damned if I can find it now.

Back