Surround Sound loses channels on copying to PC

Interesting, I have installed mvdisks and can now navigate my external hdd from My Video on Hummy's menu, but I still do not see it on the LG menu.
Maybe you didn't read this bit (I edited it in shortly after posting):
However, note that the process is not instant, and USB content will take some time to become available through a DLNA browser. The way to hurry this is to connect the USB, then place the HDR-FOX in standby (the DLNA indexer runs as a pre-shutdown process). Once all activity has ceased, on restart the HDR-FOX should then have all content available by DLNA.

Pleased to say, I can now see, and play with surround sound, all the files on Hummy's internal and external hard drives, on my LG home theatre. It certainly did take a long while for them to all appear, as you warned. That's a great result, thank you so much for all your help, I'd never have figured all this out. All I need now is for the broadcasters to transmit more HD content with surround sound!!

Yes, I tried that and the USB drive had then appeared, but said it had no playable content. When I looked again, several hours later (although I did not look again in between) everything had appeared. This drive is formatted NTFS rather than EXT3, if that makes a difference.

That's interesting to know, thanks. We recorded Spiderman Homecoming the other day and thought the surround sound was excellent, the best we've heard, shame about the film though!

Back