[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

Anyway to to make rules recursive? Ideally I want to do a search and replace on all files in in all sub folders

It would be nice. Some of my rules are quite complex. I guess I could just copy and paste the rules into each folder but if I make an edit to one, I then have to make the edit to them all. Maybe if we could add our custom rules to a favorites section...

I'm tried to create a global rule that goes through all folders and sub folders in the my video folder and deletes and folders called '_duplicates'. Here is my rule

# Remove _duplicates
global foldername _duplicates action {move {/media/My Video/[Deleted Items]}}

It never finds anything though

Code:
27/09/2015 19:57 - Processing [foldername _duplicates action {move {/media/My Video/[Deleted Items]}}]
27/09/2015 19:57 -    foldername(_duplicates)
27/09/2015 19:57 -      Nomatch

I searched last night and today and I can't seem to find the answer to this question: Does sweeper run automatically? If yes what log or diagnostic shows that sweeper had run? If it doesn't how can I automate sweeper to run say once a day.

I searched last night and today and I can't seem to find the answer to this question: Does sweeper run automatically? If yes what log or diagnostic shows that sweeper had run? If it doesn't how can I automate sweeper to run say once a day.
It runs regularly, the output is in auto.log.

The WebIF has a queue of processes such as flatten, auto-expire, auto-decrypt, and sweeper, which are scanned every 20 minutes to look for new tasks.

The auto processes including, AFAIK, sweeper are also run on a single folder at completion of a recording as part of recmon processing, These extra scans have the prefix autotrigger on the associated log records

Is there a rule to keep only x amount of recordings? I have my kids tv shows recorded but I only ever want a max of 10 kept at any one time

That is available via the WebIf file browser. On a folder select OPT+ and Auto-Expire Option is allows a time or a quantity limit to be set.

Thanks people. I've set the options as required. I guess it won't delete anything until the next time there is a new recording?

It will delete anything that qualifies based on the rules you've set. If you've specified a number of recordings, and that number is not currently exceeded, then no.

If you have the undelete package installed, any auto-expired recordings will be "deleted" to the recycle bin until that is itself emptied to recover disk space.

Back