[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

Is there a way of running just a single rule? When adding a new one, it would be convenient to just run a single one rather than having to disable all the rest before using Run Now.

Based on Black Hole's suggestion
You can set a condition to act on a file that is flagged as encrypted. Look for the IF condition "recording flagged as", which defaults to "new", and edit "new" to "encrypted".
along with the revised beta package, I have set up a new sweeper rule
If:Recording Flagged as Encrypted
arrow.png

Then: Queue recording for Decryption
i.e
Code:
recurse 7 flag Encrypted action {queue decrypt}
I can see it scanning a number of files that I know need decrypting (as a test I manually decrypted one through the new file browser choices). But the sweeper output says
Code:
18/12/2016 14:44 - Processing [flag Encrypted action {queue decrypt}]
18/12/2016 14:44 - flag(Encrypted)
18/12/2016 14:44 - Nomatch
to each of these files

That flag you want is ODEncrypted which indicates that the recording is encrypted on-disk (as opposed to the Humax definition of Enc which just means protected).
This is definitely one of the more confusing aspects of this...

I've just been trying Sweeper for the first time and modified a couple of the example rules, but not getting the behaviour I expected.
lcn {>= 120} lcn {<= 124} action {move {2. Children}}
folder lcn {>= 120} lcn {<= 124} action {fileundercreate {2. Children}}​
So, the I changed the directory names (and also the channel numbers) from the default, but the second rule then also sweeps any solo recordings in the "2. Children" directory into a subdirectory, so I end up with /media/My Video/2. Children/2. Children.
I can see why this is happening - the folder rule applies to all folders, even the one where the recordings are being swept to. I can now see that the orignal rule avoided it by having a subdirectory. Is there any other way round this? Any way to exclude the "2.Children" directory from the folder rule? I would rather not be forced to have them in misc and would like to keep the solo recordings at the higher level. i.e. a mini version of the full My Video tree.

Last edited:
The easiest way would be to flag the "2.Children" folder as no-sweep via OPT+
(you could also add !foldername {2.Children} to the rule)

How about on the sweeper 'test' mode to have the option of not displaying the "No Match" lines so that it's easier to spot what it is doing? I appreciate that it is possible that you need the "No Match" lines so that you can see whether it is doing what you want it to, that's why I suggested an option.

I would like to use sweeper to move all radio recordings to a specified folder. Has got the rules to do this? I can see others have tried, but can't see an example (may have missed it). I'm hoping it can filter on the type of recording being radio ?

Would something like work:
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} action {move Children/Miscellaneous}
where the lcn numbers are radio stations ?
Plus see post 248

I would like to use sweeper to move all radio recordings to a specified folder. Has got the rules to do this? I can see others have tried, but can't see an example (may have missed it). I'm hoping it can filter on the type of recording being radio ?
You can use "Recording flagged as Radio" to detect these, or use a channel number range as suggested by peterworks.

I've got 2 machines both on Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368), one has the dropdown to let me select "radio" from the "Recording flagged as" drop down, the other doesn't - why would that be?

I've got 2 machines both on Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368), one has the dropdown to let me select "radio" from the "Recording flagged as" drop down, the other doesn't - why would that be?
What is the level of the Webif and Sweeper code on each machine?

Try going to the Packages menu and selecting Upgrades to see what updates are available

That is strange. The one that doesn't work has sweeper 2.1.4-2 (no upgrade available) the one that works has 2.0.15-2 (with 2.1.4-2 available as an upgrade - but I don't want to do that as it doesn't seem to work). Is this possibly a bug in the latest version?

Back