[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

I've just a look at the logs having turned on the various options one by one, wait a short while to see what is actually written to the logs for each chosen option, found this, (the times shown are an hour ahead of when they happened, so 20:52, happened at 19:52)

42 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Auto de-queue processed 0 items in 0.183 seconds.
41 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Registered qtube with priority 200
40 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Registered shrink with priority 400
39 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Registered mpg with priority 300
38 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Registered mp3 with priority 300
37 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Registered decrypt with priority 900
36 27/10/2020 20:52:02 - Auto de-queue starting
35 27/10/2020 20:51:02 - Auto de-queue processed 0 items in 0.125 seconds.
28 27/10/2020 20:50:02 - Auto de-queue processed 0 items in 0.193 seconds.
21 27/10/2020 20:49:02 - Auto de-queue processed 0 items in 0.279 seconds.

I removed the duplicate priority entries to save space, it's doing an [ Auto de-queue ] every second, other than removing [ qtube ], is there any way of reducing the frequency

Which is what happens when queue processing is run by crond with a * in all the time fields of the crontab line:
Code:
* * * * * /mod/webif/lib/auto/deq >/dev/null 2>>/mod/tmp/auto.log
But apparently there's nothing in the queue so it runs and immediately finishes. It shouldn't be necessary to change this configuration.

The queue process consists of two parts scan and deq, both of which are scheduled to run every minute but normally just check whether there is anything to do and quit

scan checks whether it is time to run and quits if the scan interval hasn't passed, if it is time to run it runs all of the registered tasks including auto-decprypt. shrink, detectads, sweeper etc which look for recordings that need processing and puts them onto the queue. Schedchk also runs in the scan phase.
The time taken by a scan phase should be fairly consistent,
There is also an additional run of scan when a recording completes to process the recording, this is shown as autotrigger in the log

Other process such as qtube and the 'queue for' button can also add items to the queue without involving scan

deq only does any real work when there are items on the queue, how long it takes depends on what needs doing

I've been pushing further forward with my [ sweeper ] learning, and have come across a [ wish ] - [ would like ] feature

There is the ability to rename a recording's filename or title along with changing the various tags, is there any chance of including a similar set or rename feature for the [ synopsis ] section, as I have been using a spreadsheet to create a detailed sequence of [ sweeper ] rules commands to do various filing operations

One of the major downsides of some programmes being broadcast is the total lack of any meaningful synopsis text, there is just a generic line or two which gets repeated across every programme, being able to insert your own 'synopsis' text would greatly add to the watching experience

Would it be possible to add a new set or rename eg [ Rename recording files to... ] or [ Set recording title to... ]

To say [ Rename synopsis to... ] or [ Set synopsis to... ]

I've tried setting the variable %synopsis with some new text, just missing the [ Set ??? to... ] or [ {Rename ??? to... ] part, please

I've been pushing further forward with my [ sweeper ] learning, and have come across a [ wish ] - [ would like ] feature

There is the ability to rename a recording's filename or title along with changing the various tags, is there any chance of including a similar set or rename feature for the [ synopsis ] section, as I have been using a spreadsheet to create a detailed sequence of [ sweeper ] rules commands to do various filing operations
This seems like a reasonable and useful feature that is somehow missing, so I have created this proposed change to implement it.

NB: I don't use [ ] to signify a package, because [ ] are used as delimiters for forum post formatting tags.
You seem to have missed off an alternative

What use is just posting a load of links when asked a direct question, acting as a sign poster doesn't help, reading programming manuals offers nothing to the newbie as you put it when they are loaded with unhelpful terms eg 'string'

dedup: see the relevant package thread
The question could have been worded as, how do you implement IIRC dedup, when I'm trying to use sweeper to amend or edit the synopsis entry

You seem to have missed off an alternative
Is there some reason you can't see I use italics for package names, eg dedup?

The question could have been worded as, how do you implement IIRC dedup, when I'm trying to use sweeper to amend or edit the synopsis entry
I told you what IIRC means, so I don't understand why you are using it here. However, that aside, I was suggesting you take a look at dedup and tvdb integration separately from sweeper.

Alert:

It may have been mentioned further up, but whether it has or not, I fell into the trap of only having second-level sweeper rules and no top-level rules – by which I mean no rules attached to My Video but rules for one or more folders under My Video. I found sweeper never auto-runs under those circumstances, although the "Test config" and "Run now" buttons on the sweeper GUI editor work fine.

Have you got a /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file? Not having it will stop it registering.

The work-around is to create a dummy file. Either:
  1. Open the sweeper GUI from the WebIF home page, the click "Add rule", and "Save changes", or...

2. On the command line: touch /mod/etc/sweeper.conf.

Back