Sweeper idiot's guide

That's not how it was meant
I know.:) But how many times have I thought "Why don't you Google it?" in response to a post, and it seems that I can't follow my own thoughts.:rolleyes:
I'll look into Chrome's popup. But still leaves the bit about the text not saving? Works OK in IE and get the popup.

OK, re-enabled popups on Chrome. Text editor now saves. So blocking the popup seems to stop the saves. Is this intentional?

Is it actually the popup that does the save, I wonder? It seems that if you disable the popup, you get no option save? I'm not going to disable it again to check this out, but perhaps the developer could look into it.:)

Isn't the popup asking you if you want to save? If so then it's the click on the OK button that initiates the save. (Can't check at the moment as I've temporarily broken my Humax such that it won't boot: ( )

Yes, from memory (the box is off now), exactly that. But on the popup there is a tick box which says something like don't bother me with this tick box again. If you do that, you then don't get the option to save because you don't get the popup with the save button on it.

I'm away for home and can't check, but it seems likely that this "do not pester me with this pop-up" option of which you speak has been added by the Chrome pop-up blocker and is nothing to do with the WebIF. It tells the blocker to stop future pop-ups from that source, so will cripple your WebIF functionality.

It seems like that's exactly what's happening. That's strange, the do not pester me tick box is no longer there on my Chrome on either of my computers any more (but I'm not sure if it was on both to start with). So has it been removed, or have I been dreaming about it? I don't think so, as it actually happened yesterday.

Whilst on the sweeper subject. I have set my sweeper rules to be global on the My Video folder. I have a sub folder that has the sweeper icon against it, but there are no sweeper rules set. How can I remover the erroneous sweeper icon?

Last edited:
If you have a filename with a recurring character, is it possible just to replace the first of these characters without changing the subsequent ones using Sweeper? For example, can you change 'Example_20151022_2100' to 'Example - 20151022_2100'?

Thanks MET. That worked. Now gone. :)
I have sorted my 'problem with the replace thingy thanks to af123's earlier post.;)
And the check box has now 'gone away' from the Save popup for some obscure reason or other.:) I already change the recording date to 22-10-2015 which I find far more readable.

I have read, but perhaps not understood. Here is my problem:

image.jpeg

I thought I could simply reload the New: rule, and simply amend New:* to New_* , viz:

image.jpeg

But this does not do anything apparently. All offers of help gratefully accepted.

I have read, but perhaps not understood. Here is my problem:

Your rule changes the Recording Title, which is what is shown in the on-telly UI. It can also be seen by clicking on the recording in the WebIF, and manually changed via the Opt+/Rename link.

The main WebIF views shows something else: the recording's filename. That is the name of the file in the underlying Linux filesystem. That can also be manually changed via Opt+/Rename. It is not visible at all in the on-telly UI.

prpr shows above the rule to change filename. You need that, as well as your existing rule, to change both.

Reactions: LDW
Except that filenames do not include a colon. So you don't need that one.
newk looks after the name displayed on the SUI.
These rules work to do what you want to do for me:
Code:
# Remove Title New: prefix
global title New: action {settitle {%orig%replace,New: ,,}}
# Remove Filename New_ prefix
global filename New_ action {renamefile {%orig%replace,New_ ,,}}
# File Datestamp DD MMM YY
global filename *20[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]_* action {renamefile {%title %2digitdate-%2digitmonth-%2digityear %hhmm}}
# Filenam Remove _
global filename _ action {renamefile {%orig%replace,_, ,}}
Not sure if the first one is needed as I run newk. The second one removes the 'New_', the third one changes the filename date to a sensible format and the fourth removes the underscores in the filenenas with a space. Use the text editor, paste in the above rules and save.
Presumably you have seen the sweeper 'commands' HERE

Thank you everyone. I will have another go with prpr's rule - and thanks to cdmackay for a superb and clear explanation.

Presumably you have seen the sweeper 'commands' HERE

Oh yes. More than once. But it is beyond my skill set - hence trying to clone the existing NEW rule.

Re newk, I quote:

"This utility will create a folder on the hard disk with a chosen prefix removed, in order to tidy-up the folder title, so for example when recording a new series called "New: The Walking Dead" a folder will be created called "The Walking Dead" and all new recordings will be placed into it, if the prefix "New: " is placed in Webif >> Settings >> Automatic Series Prefix Removal settings.

Note:- Existing series folder will not be renamed by the Newk package"

So this does not do what I want - and presumably, Trev, is irrelevant in your setup.

So - idiot's guide:

1. In Package Management, install Sweeper
2. From the main screen, click on the broom icon
3. Click on TEXT EDITOR
4. Insert the following text:

# Remove New: prefix.
global title New:* action {settitle {%orig%regsub,New:\s*,,}}

# Remove New_ prefix
global filename New_* action {renamefile {%orig%regsub,New_\s*,,}}

5. Click on SAVE
6. Restart the Humax box.

I must still be doing something wrong here, though, as this does not clear the existing files with New_ prefixes:

sweeper2.jpg :

You have given it time to work haven't you?
And perhaps someone could explain what the switch \s* does. I don't have it in mine and they work.

And perhaps someone could explain what the switch \s* does. I don't have it in mine and they work.
I think that's the regular expression code for any number of spaces (including zero). If so, those rules are substituting a "" (null string) for "New:" or "New_" (with a trailing space if present) - thus also eliminating the space.

Back