Sysmon CPU Usage

One of my machines displays this immediately, the other fails with a constant "Loading" message. Both display temperature and network usage correctly. I tried removing and reinstalling Sysmon to no effect.

Both machines are, as far as I can tell, configured identically:

Web interface version: 1.2.4
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Any ideas?

Sysmon relies on a few supporting packages e.g. :- Depends: webif (>= 1.0.14-10), webif-charts (>= 1.3), cron-daemon, smartmontools, procps
procps is the one used to monitor the CPU. If you have telnet access to your Humax, it might be worth getting some info. from your procps package, e.g. :-

Code:
humax# opkg info procps
Package: procps
Version: 3.2.8-3
Depends: ncurses
Provides:
Section: misc
Architecture: mipsel
Maintainer: af123@hummypkg.org.uk
MD5Sum: 8673f3d1b38624c63fd46d8c5bea3e2a
Size: 153890
Filename: procps_3.2.8-3_mipsel.opk
Description: procps tools
Installed-Time: 1351100749

humax#

Monitor.db is to do with sysmon not webif-charts.
Renaming it so it could be analysed by someone would have been a better option. You've blown away the evidence now.

Monitor.db is to do with sysmon not webif-charts.
Renaming it so it could be analysed by someone would have been a better option. You've blown away the evidence now.

It's happened again - moving the monitor.db file to my laptop fixed it. This time, the file is a reasonable 65k zipped, compared to 5Mb last time, so I attached it for analysis.

Attachments

• monitor.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 4
It was definitely corrupt:
Code:
sqlite> .dump
INSERT INTO "vmstat" VALUES(1441095306,'raw',10368,22028,2,53592,3,96,0);
INSERT INTO "vmstat" VALUES(1441095366,'raw',10060,22376,2,53608,3,96,0);
/**** ERROR: (11) database disk image is malformed *****/
/**** ERROR: (11) database disk image is malformed *****/
COMMIT;
sqlite> pragma integrity_check;
*** in database main ***
Page 178: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11
This would seem to be a reasonable alternative to deletion (at least it will preserve what it can from the history):
Code:
humax# cd /mod/monitor && mv monitor.db temp.db && sqlite3 temp.db ".clone monitor.db" && rm temp.db

Last edited:
Thanks prpr - my sysmon displays were blank, other than network usage which just displayed loading. After thrashing around with fixflashpackages and reinstalling all packages to no effect I found this thread.

Sysmon now only displaying network traffic - previously was displaying all 4 charts OK

Had to do a fixdisk yesterday , which was prompted by a notification from the humax boxes diagnostic page - ran fixdisk - 1st pass, found corrupt blocks and remapped multiply linked inodes, finished with a 0 status. ran 2nd pass to confirm good - return 0

Uninstalled Sysmon, re-install - no change

If I change Sysmon display to "Last 10 days" or earlier then there is history on all 4 channels - but looks like Sysmon stopped showing HDD, CPU,& Temp around 8th Sept - so fixdisk might not the issue
Where would the time stamp when it 1st detected disk corruption be stored ?

Can't find a monitor.db file - Its not visible in Database browser ?

Web interface version: 1.4.9-6
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.1

Last edited:
Sysmon log = /mod/monitor/monitor.db
You may have to bite the bullet and delete it as it may have become corrupted.

Running fix-flash-packages didn't help

I tried running this "cd /mod/monitor && mv monitor.db temp.db && sqlite3 temp.db ".clone monitor.db" && rm temp.db" from above PPR post in the CLI of Telnet
But that just told me that monitor.db already exists - which I sort of knew because command it trying to "mv" it
No real interest in the Sysmon history myself so happy to just delete it , but since I have now found it might be useful (for you) to look inside

Now I have CD down to right folder in CLI , I can see monitor.db is there - how can I download it via Telnet ?

Attachments

• already_exists.jpg
    already_exists.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3
I do have FTP access to the Humax setup via the installed BetaFTP file server package, but only have access to the 3 media folders
My Music
My Photo
My Video

How can I access the 'system' folders via FTP ?
I see from other threads, people tried copying it to MyVideo but it was still not visible, even using betaFTP

I do have FTP access to the Humax setup via the installed BetaFTP file server package
Ensure the native FTP service is turned off as well: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = OFF
I see from other threads, people tried copying it to MyVideo but it was still not visible, even using betaFTP
I think you should have been able to, unless you were actually using the native FTP.

Here is the the monitor.db file zipped up - not sure if it tells you anything
viewed it with sqliteviewer myself - that didn't complain of any corruption

Renamed the file on the system, effectively deleted, rebooted
And now Sysmon is working as expected

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• monitor.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
Back