Sysmon - latest CPU Utilisation charts not available

hummybee

Hi all

The last chart available is for 27th January (using last 30 days option)

Is there a way to 'kick-start' it?

This box is the busiest of my two boxes as it is both recording and decrypting media files, so I can access them via my other box using Foxlink, so could this be the reason it doesn't have 'time' to record CPU activity?

Do I need to Force re-install Webif?

Are you getting any current graphs for the Hard Disk temperature under Sysmon? as both HDD Temp and CPU activity are part of Sysmon

I'm guessing there may be corruption in the Sysmon database, you can clear the database with Web-If >> Diagnostics >> sysmon/purge >> Run Diagnostic

Sorry for delay, I can only suggest that you uninstall (Remove) and then re-install Sysmon and see if that will kick it into life

Tried un-install then re-install several times but still only able to display chart for 30 days ago (HDD chart still working as normal).

Left it un-installed last night and will try re-installing again later after it comes out of standby (rebooted).

Any other suggestions please?

If you have access to Telnet I would delete the Sysmon database and re-boot the Humax, a new database will then be created, NOTE don't do this during recording
Code:
rm /mnt/hd2/mod/monitor/monitor.db
reboot

If you have access to Telnet I would delete the Sysmon database and re-boot the Humax, a new database will then be created, NOTE don't do this during recording
Code:
rm /mnt/hd2/mod/monitor/monitor.db
reboot
Why do you need to reboot? If you remove the reboot it's safe to do at any time.

The object was to get sysmon working and it's not going to work without a reboot
BTW
PM sent to hummybee

The object was to get sysmon working and it's not going to work without a reboot
I disagree. There is nothing to indicate that it needs a reboot. The scripts run off a Cron timer.
Please explain WHY you think it needs a reboot.

Hi all.

Only the HDD chart working, still cannot get the CPU utilisation charts to work.

Any more suggestions as to what else I can try please?

Are you around af123?

Try manually running the job from the command line. It might give an indication of the problem.

Code:
humax# /mod/monitor/bin/vmstat

Hi af123.

Tried what you suggest but no change (HDD chart working fine but no data shown on any CPU Utilisation chart).

As detailed in my PM, sysmon appears to be 'looking' at my PC rather than my Humax.

How do I correct the IP address?

There isn't anything wrong with the IP address. The mongoose error log is showing the client IP address which is your PC.

Try running the data plugin from the command line:

Code:
humax# /mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/cpu.jim

and post any output from that - hopefully an error message.

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (HumaxHDRFoxT2two) 1.03.11/2.22

HumaxHDRFoxT2two# /mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/cpu.jim
Runtime Error: /mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/cpu.jim:3: couldn't read file "_lib
.jim": No such file or directory
at file "/mod/webif/plugin/sysmon/data/cpu.jim", line 3
HumaxHDRFoxT2two#

Try doing a force reinstall of the sysmon package from the webif diagnostics page.

Back