T2 Changing channel by itself

Compared with what it cost to manufacture that's quite a lot, but as things go it's remarkable they are prepared to supply at all.

Compared with what it cost to manufacture that's quite a lot, but as things go it's remarkable they are prepared to supply at all.
They probably had thousands made per batch, and I'm sure the mark-up is massive but compared to the repair charge it is good value. Out of interest, I wonder if the first YouView box uses the same part in the front panel?

I have now installed the new front board: both HDRs are working well (see post #60). I've attached a couple of photos. The first photo shows the front of the faulty board from the 'RE' unit. The second shows rear views of the 'RE' board (top), the board from the older HDR (middle) and the new replacement (bottom). All three boards are marked 'Rev 1.0' on the front, indicating no hardware change. The replacement board looks most different, in that it has fewer markings, and is a much paler green (does not show up well in the photo). It has the same part code as the one from the older HDR, but the board from the 'RE' model has a different code. The replacement is clearly an unused part, but from the serial numbers it was probably manufactured first. It also came with MICOM 9.3 installed, rather than 12.1. The LED display is very bright, so much so that I've not gone green and am staying orange.

Attachments

• RE_panel.jpg
    RE_panel.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Front_boards.jpg
    Front_boards.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 24
The LED display is very bright, so much so that I've not gone green and am staying orange.
That's a poor excuse for you not going green, don't forget that you can reduce the brightness of the display using the redring package.:)

MontysEvilTwin, does your RE box have an earth cable linking the front USB board to the chassis? mine does not.

MontysEvilTwin, does your RE box have an earth cable linking the front USB board to the chassis? mine does not.
Mine's the same as yours, no earth cable from the front panel to the chassis. There also seem to be two slightly different power supply models, one has six wires leaving the supply the other has eight. I have not removed the hard drives to see if the new main board has a different power connector. I did notice that the 'RE' model is rated at 30W: the old hardware model is 28W.

Back