t2 green screen

mally.smith

has anybody had a green screen? my high regard of the t2 just took a beating when it refused to boot. shame the customer services could not sing from the same hymn book! one person said he would collect it and repair it for £105, good offer but the next humax agent said it wasnt faulty and thaught it was my year old samsung tv that wasnt compliant and i should speak to samsung

The 'Green Screen' is an HDMI handshaking problem you can prove this by temporarily using a scart cable connection to your TV rater than an HDMI cable, If the Humax comes on and displays a picture via scart but 'Green screens' via HDMI you are getting HDMI handshaking failure. This may be fixed by using a different setting using the Remote V-Format button e.g. using 1080I instead of 1080P. Each new version of Humax firmware has 'tweeked' the HDMI handshaking perameters in an effort to work better with certain TV's, the main ones that have difficulty are Sony and Samsung, It is also a good idea to see if there are any newer software versions for your TV because that may also give better HDMI handshaking

The 'Green Screen' is an HDMI handshaking problem you can prove this by temporarily using a scart cable connection to your TV rater than an HDMI cable, If it the Humax comes on and displays a picture via scart but 'Green screens' via HDMI you are getting HDMI handshaking failure. This may be fixed by using a different setting using the Remote V-Format button e.g. using 1080I instead of 1080P. Each new version of Humax firmware has 'tweeked' the HDMI handshaking perameters in an effort to work better with certain TV's, the main ones that have difficulty are Sony and Samsung, It is also a good idea to see if there are any newer software version for TV because that may also give better HDMI handshaking
thanx for your quick reply m8,but that one was the one humax tried to fob me off with. it gets menu screens via scart (i had to go to my mates house cos i ant got a tv with a scart so i didnt disrupt his system by connecting coax lead) but cant get hdmi even tho this tv has been used for a year now. looks like one for the graveyard

What happens if you turn the TV off and on again when you get the green screen? If it is the handshaking problem then that usually sorts it, even if only briefly.

What happens if you turn the TV off and on again when you get the green screen? If it is the handshaking problem then that usually sorts it, even if only briefly.
nothing m8, this problem originally happened once about six moths ago now got worse, i even missed an episode of coranation street

As Ezra said, green screen usually means HDMI problem so have you tried a different HDMI cable or a different HDMI port on the TV just to eliminate that?

i even tried connecting it to my hdmi port on computer monitor, i think its just nacked, what has surprised me is the not so good response from humax and the gaping hole in my built in stack left by my dead t2

If your TV / Humax combination used to work and now it doesn't one or other has gone faulty. It sounds likely to me that you are correct in saying the Humax has gone faulty, If it is still under warranty I would push for a replacement. My 4 Year old Samsung occasionally flashes green for a second but has never failed completely, so I think it's unlikely to be your TV

If your TV / Humax combination used to work and now it doesn't one or other has gone faulty. It sounds likely to me that you are correct in saying the Humax has gone faulty
i dont think its under warranty i dont have the receipt, must have had it 2 years.im mega upset that the box i thaught would be perfect let me down so badly

but if they offered to repair it then changed their minds to "nothing wrong it must be samsung" which one is right

I guess your only options are to borrow someone else's Humax to try on your TV (If possible), or try your Humax on someone else's TV (Via HDMI), I know you have already tried it via scart, but as your Humax failed on your HDMI Monitor, it does look a bit grim for the Humax. The warranty should be for 2 years, but only 1 if it's a 'Grade A' (direct from Humax only)

i dont know where i put the receipt, but it was new not grade a, so cant prove how long i had it. question is wether to replace it (new telly has t2 inbuilt) and what to replace it with , it certainly wont be a humax

Not sure what the new cost is at the moment, but it can't be a lot more than £105.

You've had it more than 2 years and it has broken? Things do break occasionally, you've been unlucky it seems. No reason to avoid another Humax on that basis.

hello m8 , i dont feel very happy with humax at the moment and dont feel like giving them £105 to repair what another agent said wasnt faulty.i expected the humax to last longer than it did so£105 they aving a larf but full price maybe £250 i will not shell out to a company with a setup like them

HD-FOX T2? No squire, £100 max. Not sure why you would want one if your TV can do HiDef; if you are using it to record (with an external disk) where will you get another recorder for that sort of money?

its hdr-fox t2 its a recorder .about £250 in currys and yes i got sammy hooked up to usb hdd,but i found the menu easier to work with ,plus it was there and did its own thing(series links etc) while sammy hd records different stuff. Dont forget i now need a filling for the hole in my recently finished stack (maybe polyfilla)

This thread was originally posted in the HD-FOX section, which is why I thought you were talking HD-FOX.

HDR-FOX T2 500GB units are available new at around £230, refurbished (1 year warranty) £190.

...now it does, yes - it's been moved!

I don't think anybody reported you, just a moderator spotted the error and did a clean-up.

Back