T2 keeps switching off and re-booting

peterpi

I have two T2's and both have taken to re-booting over the last few weeks. Both have CF FHTCP 1.03.12

Any suggestions please?

Pete

I'm guessing that when you switched to Fibre broadband you had a new router, does the new router have a DLNA server, if so you could try disabling it, to see if this fixes the re-booting problem, the Humax conflicts with certain DLNA server such as Twonky Ver7

I'm guessing that when you switched to Fibre broadband you had a new router, does the new router have a DLNA server, if so you could try disabling it, to see if this fixes the re-booting problem, the Humax conflicts with certain DLNA server such as Twonky Ver7
I have a BT Modem, which is connected to a Plusnet Technicolor router. After that it gets a bit messy, with a five port switch and an Ethernet cable to a Netgear router next t the TV in the lounge. I'll make sure DHCP is only active on Technicolor router and disabled on the Netgear.

I have done a re-tune, and although it did several re-boots during the tuning process, it seems to be OK at the moment.

I have noticed that although the signal strength is about fifty percent, and the quality is one hundred percent, the picture has been braking up a bit. I've re-terminated the feeder now, could that have been a factor? I am not going to do anything else at the moment and see if things are sorted.

I have noticed that although the signal strength is about fifty percent, and the quality is one hundred percent, the picture has been braking up a bit. I've re-terminated the feeder now, could that have been a factor? I am not going to do anything else at the moment and see if things are sorted.
The Signal = 50% and Quality = 100% is quite normal and shouldn't be a problem, I would expect to see the Quality = 100% 'dipping' when indicating a problem. Signal strengths in the region of 30% to 90% have been reported as O.K. (if stable), while above 90% is considered undesirable due to the inability of the tuner to cope with (or display) a signal that is too high. Quality of 100% on the other hand is normal

I used the "HDR_FOX_T2_system_flush" utility on one of the T2's and so far so good. I'll give it a few days and see what happens, but hopefully it'll behave itself.

I used the "HDR_FOX_T2_system_flush" utility on one of the T2's and so far so good. I'll give it a few days and see what happens, but hopefully it'll behave itself.
Its been five days now, and the problem appears to have been resolved on both T2's. Strange both machines had the same problem.

Only thing, so far, is that when I delete files they now go permanently.

You mean the undelete package isn't doing its job? Try the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.

Aye thats the one. I removed it from both machines and re installed the package. Now all is as it was.

Can I change the name of the folder? I want to remove the [ ] brackets so it appears near the top of the list. The last time I did that, I had a problem with recorded series stuff going to the "deleted files" folder. If I deleted them from the folder they would then go into the series folder. Although the other machine worked OK. Try it and see I suppose.

The Webif >> Settings >> Undelete Package does seem to allow the Deleted Files folder to be changed, however, although I have changed the default name, I have kept the [ ] brackets, as folders with [brackets] are treated differently, so removing them may cause problems

Back