Owen Smith
Well-Known Member
I've just read online BT/Openreach saying the deadline is end of January 2027 and there are over a million people who have done nothing. Well, my elderly and definitely vulnerable aunt has only a BT analogue phone line and I can't work out what I could do for her. She wants to keep her existing number, and I can't find any product I could order that would get her broadband and then switch the phone to voip. I could do it easily with a change of number, but retaining the existing phone number which she wants seems to be difficult.
In spring 2025 she received a letter saying her phone would switch soon and BT would be in touch to explain her options. There has been nothing since. We're waiting for BT to offer a bundle of some sort that provides broadband and switches her existing number to voip. But I'm starting to fear that one morning her phone line will simply be cut off.
In spring 2025 she received a letter saying her phone would switch soon and BT would be in touch to explain her options. There has been nothing since. We're waiting for BT to offer a bundle of some sort that provides broadband and switches her existing number to voip. But I'm starting to fear that one morning her phone line will simply be cut off.