The use of two PVRs on same TV

Belmont

Greetings and Salutations O Learned Ones,

For my first venture in this Forum, I would ask the following

I have just purchased a HDR-FOX T2 and would like any information on the possibility of connecting/using this together with my PVR9200T on the same TVset. (SonyKDLS37EX503u). If this is possible can I have some instructions.

Many Thanks

I'm not familiar with the 9200, but I do not see why this would be a problem unless your TV is fitted with insufficient inputs. Connect the HDR and the 9200 to separate inputs on the TV and you can switch between them using the "source" or "AV" or "input" button on the TV control.

Chain the aerial feed to the HDR and then the 9200 and then the TV, and make sure you disable power saving in the HDR menus (which would otherwise fail to pass the signal through if the HDR is in stand-by).

The last problem I can think of is the remote control conflicts - see the pinned topic near the top of the forum listing to resolve that.

I have 3 on my TV, as already said you just need to find a way to connect them to the TV so you can select their outputs independently. With a HD box assuming you have a HD TV it's connection will be hdmi and the 9200 a scart cable so no problem at all.

The 9200 and the latest Humax Foxsat or T2 FOX remotes don't clash either.

If your coax connections are getting in a tangle, you might prefer to use a coax splitter like this. Then you don't have to worry about pass-throughs.

If your coax connections are getting in a tangle, you might prefer to use a coax splitter like this. Then you don't have to worry about pass-throughs.

O.K. as long as you have a strong signal to start with, A passive splitter like this will reduce the signal quite a lot.

I'm not familiar with the 9200, but I do not see why this would be a problem unless your TV is fitted with insufficient inputs. Connect the HDR and the 9200 to separate inputs on the TV and you can switch between them using the "source" or "AV" or "input" button on the TV control.

Chain the aerial feed to the HDR and then the 9200 and then the TV, and make sure you disable power saving in the HDR menus (which would otherwise fail to pass the signal through if the HDR is in stand-by).

The last problem I can think of is the remote control conflicts - see the pinned topic near the top of the forum listing to resolve that.

Many thanks for the information, I will try this when my wife is out this evening.

I this case the OP might be better off to chain it the other way round (i.e. aerial -> 9200T -> HDR -> TV). The 9200 doesn't really have any power saving modes so the RF pass-through is always enabled. The only thing to watch is that its RF modulator channel is set to a channel well clear of any digital (or analogue) channels. This way the HDR can still be used in power saving mode. It really depends on whether or not the OP intends to keep the 9200T powered.

Yes it is possible. Leave the 9200T connected to the TV by SCART lead and connect the Fox T2 to the TV using an HDMI lead. You will probably need to tell the TV when you want to watch the Fox T2 as it may not auto-select it.

You also need to daisy -chain the aerial feed from the aerial through the Fox T2 to the 9200T and then on the TV (if desired).

I imagined you would want the HDR to have the best signal.

In theory only quality counts so wherever it is in the chain should be identical. In practice the rf loop amplifier slightly over amplifies the rf loop amp. The last box in the chain will have the strongest signal and hopefully the same quality. In practice unless the signal is extremely marginally a passive splitters loss of about 3.5dB will be insignificant in terms of quality.

Back