TheTVDB.com Integration

From the HDR-FOX manual, page 40:
Sorting Files
  1. Press the OPT+ button.
  2. Select Sort and press the OK button. The files will be sorted in alphabetical order.
  3. To sort the files in time order, repeat the above procedure.
Note: Sorting files is available for video files only.

Just went to clear out the duplicates folder and found this:

Never seen the .hmt files shown on the WebIF before.

2015 12 05 - Triple D.png

They do if they appear to be orphaned - which these are because the renaming seems to have gone wrong.

I've been using the TVDB integration without issue until today.

I have set TVDB to rename as s##e##

2016 02 03 - Britain on Film.png

For some reason Father Brown isn't renaming correctly.

2016 02 03 - Father Brown.png

The latest episode of Father Brown is labelled incorrectly, it should be s03e06.

2016 02 08 - Father Brown.png

When I search the TVDB for the correct episode and try to change it I get a white screen with the error message:

Error, module '' not found.

When I search the TVDB for the correct episode and try to change it I get a white screen with the error message:

Error, module '' not found.

This problem still exists with the latest webif levels, no messages in webid-error log
Code:
Web interface version: 1.2.8-2
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Not surprising that it has been overlooked with the more serious problems with package install.

Am I missing something with this De-Duplicate/TVDB match, it matches the episode but is naming it the 1st line of the Synopsis as De-Duplicate used to before TVDB

I have TVDB to rename as s##e## - using s%Se%E - which is working fine on other folders.

2014 04 25 - Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax) Scrapheap.png

The TVDB Icon on the folder threw me.

I keep thinking that the icon means it's enabled, I forget you have to enable dedup.

I currently use "s%Se%E - " for TVDB renaming.

Is there any way to get TVDB to rename the series as "Series - s01e01 - Title"

I currently use "s%Se%E - " for TVDB renaming.

Is there any way to get TVDB to rename the series as "Series - s01e01 - Title"
You could do that using sweeper instead of dedup. There is a sample ruleset available in sweeper that can be tweaked but it's a bit complicated.

Has something changed on TVDB?

I ask as these are my settings that I have used since it was implemented which have worked perfectly:

2016 11 13 - TVDB Settings.png

2016 11 13 - Red Dwarf XI.png

But now I'm getting every episode showing the number of the episode from the total too:

2016 11 13 - Planet Earth.png

I've noted the info in this thead but could anyone give me further information about the matching process please?
I have been trying to use dedup/tidy on the "Spooks" re-runs on the Drama channel and it isn't going well. Eventually I tracked down the episode information on the Drama web site and I realised that the info they are putting out does not lend itself to matching. It does not match the episode guides in TVDB (nor the ones in tvguide.co.uk for that matter) and so the results were all over the place. Furthermore it is inconsistent, taking a different form across different seasons - e.g. for some seasons the episode names are given, for other seasons they are not. So I created a helper file from the info and this seems to be matching a bit more accurately but not 100%. If someone could advise on the matching process I can maybe tweak it. (Happy to share the helper file but doesn't seem much point if it doesn't work).
[edit] PS I notice that the matching is reported as being "by cached value" but I do not know what this means, what is being cached and compared against what using what algoithm.

Last edited:
Back