They've Screwed Up iPlayer Again!

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
For a test this morning I fired up my only HDR running 1.03 firmware to run an iPlayer grab - only to be greeted by what looks like a normal web browser version of iPlayer which was a pig to navigate with a TV handset, and anything I tried to run came up with "you need Flash".

Update: YouTube still works.

Last edited:
For a test this morning I fired up my only HDR running 1.03 firmware to run an iPlayer grab - only to be greeted by what looks like a normal web browser version of iPlayer which was a pig to navigate with a TV handset, and anything I tried to run came up with "you need Flash".

Update: YouTube still works.

Working OK for me - test streaming Waterloo Road in HD.

This machine is actually on 1.03.11 - could this be anything to do with it? I have my doubts - iPlayer was OK not too long ago.

I have just tried using BBC iPlayer on a HDR-FOX T2 with 1.03.12 firmware, and it is working OK for me.
My UI looks slightly different to that in post #3.2014-12-06 11.48.42 (800x598).jpg

Have you tried actually playing anything. There seems to be a more general iPlayer problem at the moment.

Edit: Seems to be OK now ... now able to download Click to my tablet to watch at work later ...

My UI looks slightly different to that in post #3.
There are 4 different versions of the latest iPlayer. The one shown in post #3 is the version intended for PCs, while yours in post #5 is the one intended for connected TVs.

Some kind of glitch then. I suppose I will have to update to 1.03.12 and see if it goes away.

My UI looks slightly different to that in post #3.
That's a bit more than "slightly"! My TV Portal looked like that a couple of weeks ago, with no change of firmware since.

Mine's OK, the normal screen although I did think last night it looked a bit clearer than normal as if the HD stream was better digitised although has that jerkiness to fast movement. I lament no radio on it since the BBC has poor design vision of the product. It seemed to me last night that with the four weeks of programmes and the poor implementation of the browser on the HDR navigation was getting a pain.

I have not done anything, but my iPlayer is back to normal today. Just a glitch I guess, although it was persistent.

Back