This is why charity shops need tech advisors...

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
...as I was for this one until mid-2019

It was still sealed.

Attachments

• Toshiba_1TB.jpg
    Toshiba_1TB.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Wow!

But if they put a "proper" price on it, how long would it have hung around before the appropriate buyer came along?

Wow!

But if they put a "proper" price on it, how long would it have hung around before the appropriate buyer came along?
They do have an eBay shop, which was something I was involved in. Then their 'Director of HR' didn't understand what constituted an employment contract so I took them to an ET and got enough compensation to make it worthwhile. Last time I tried to point out they'd drastically underpriced something I didn't want I was told to mind my own business.

OTOH if you're given something for free to resell, then as long as you get something for it it's a win. No?

OTOH if you're given something for free to resell, then as long as you get something for it it's a win. No?
Here they clearly have no one who even knew what it was let alone how to price it, and because of history I'll no longer tell them.
A charity shop relies on turnover and has finite space so have to balance between what an item is actually worth and what a customer of the shop will pay for it. The one I was involved in has been refitted as some kind of 'destination' shop with prices to match and very few customers as a result.

I called into a menswear pre-loved shop yesterday, out of interest, having spotted it when passing that way. I guess the takings are not for charity and I anticipated a better quality of stock... not a chance!

Back