This programme is scrambled message.

.... decided to have a look and found all of the menus were really sluggish, which they then told me had been happening for ages! I tried a reboot, and from then on it has been virtually unusable.
It's possible you have 2 or more separate issues. That's why people are suggesting checking the hard drive and filesystem first as they are most likely to cause slow menu GUI. The other will be multiple tasks running. Eg internal intensive jobs in the webif/queue while you're using the menu etc. The 'This programme is scrambled' message might not be directly related to the other issues.

There is a way around that: interrogate the router. It's not going to work if the HDR IP config it set to manual, because chances are the manual settings won't suit a different router, but if it is on the default DHCP it should still establish a link when connected to a different router, and the IP address it is allocated will be recorded in the router settings.
Yeah, it was set to manual so I could find the webif easily in the past.

Doesn’t look great!

Attachments

• 4AF4A7ED-C4BD-44EB-9B95-0FEE43C27808.png
    4AF4A7ED-C4BD-44EB-9B95-0FEE43C27808.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 5F491F75-C5D7-4262-9BB7-13A201177E63.png
    5F491F75-C5D7-4262-9BB7-13A201177E63.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1792A3F7-FCC3-4D8F-AA3F-8C93B38B2633.png
    1792A3F7-FCC3-4D8F-AA3F-8C93B38B2633.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 17
It's possible you have 2 or more separate issues. That's why people are suggesting checking the hard drive and filesystem first as they are most likely to cause slow menu GUI. The other will be multiple tasks running. Eg internal intensive jobs in the webif/queue while you're using the menu etc. The 'This programme is scrambled' message might not be directly related to the other issues.
There were hundreds of auto decrypt tasks failing over and over. That could be it?

I think you'll need to fix the filesystem first by using fixdisk before anything else. Issues with the filesystem or hard drive may slow everything else down causing backlogs etc. See #2

OK, so I'm trying to get it into maintenance mode. Used Telnet to initiate it, it has rebooted, but instead of "maintenance" being written on the display, it just says "wait 51".

Quick note; The guide you (Black Hole) wrote says that using -Y will allow fixdisk to run unattended, however mine did come up with a further (Y/N) prompt. I cannot remember the exact wording, but I think it said something about a short test completed but LBA not found, so would I like to do a long test? Something like that anyway. I said Y, and it went on its way. I presume it is still going as it still said Fixdisk on the front display this morning.

Quick note; The guide you (Black Hole) wrote says that using -Y will allow fixdisk to run unattended, however mine did come up with a further (Y/N) prompt. I cannot remember the exact wording, but I think it said something about a short test completed but LBA not found, so would I like to do a long test? Something like that anyway. I said Y, and it went on its way. I presume it is still going as it still said Fixdisk on the front display this morning.
I suspect the -Y will apply to actions by fsck but if the issue is before fsck has been started then the -Y won't have any effect.

LBA 0 (Logical Block Address) is where the disk access parameters are stored. Self-test can repair it (maybe), but it is critical.

OK, I think its just finished, but I'm not sure.

It says:
Code:
Running select disk self test
Checking partition tables...

MBR Status: MBR only
GPT Status: not present

Using superblock 0 on sda1
Using superblock 0 on sda2
Using superblock 0 on sda3
LBA: 272228872 is on partition /dev/sda2, start: 2104512, bad sector offset: 270                                 124360
LBA 272228872 maps to file system block 33765545 on /dev/sda2
And now just has a flashing cursor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back