thought for the day

framedtoo

if you see an object approaching you, there are three basic possibilities.

first, you are stationary and the object is moving towards you.
second, the object is stationary and you are moving towards it.
third, you are both moving towards each other.

who is still and who is moving can only be decided with regard to a fixed reference frame, for example a lamp post at the side of the road. if the lamp post is stationary relative to you, then you know that you must be stationary, and the object is approaching you.

it could be argued that the lamp post is moving with the earth's rotation and therefore not suitable as a fixed reference point, as you are also moving together with the earth.

the consequence means that it cannot be decided who or what is moving

Fourthly, you are moving away from the object, but it is moving towards you faster than you are moving away from it.

Fifthly, the object is moving away from you, but not as fast as you are approaching it.:D

took a week off to fit a kitchen

ordered in jan from B&Q, some of it delivered last sat, still waiting for worktops.:mad:

And I always thought this was a joke e-mail - obviously not....

Email from B&Q Customer

Subject: Ellen Macarthur - Round the World Voyage

Customer Service Department

B&Q Sponsor Dept

Dear Sir/Madam,

My congratulations to you on getting a yacht to leave the UK on 28th November 2004, sail 27,354 miles around the world and arrive back in the same place 72 days later.

Could you please let me know when the kitchen I ordered 96 days ago will be arriving from your warehouse 13 miles away?

And I always thought this was a joke e-mail - obviously not....

Email from B&Q Customer

Subject: Ellen Macarthur - Round the World Voyage

Customer Service Department

B&Q Sponsor Dept

Dear Sir/Madam,

My congratulations to you on getting a yacht to leave the UK on 28th November 2004, sail 27,354 miles around the world and arrive back in the same place 72 days later.

Could you please let me know when the kitchen I ordered 96 days ago will be arriving from your warehouse 13 miles away?
the thing is the worktops are nothing special, i could under stand if they were granite, slate or composite. there are not just, standard 40mm worktops.

when we ordered the kitchen we where told two months because of the tops, so we agreed to wait. one week before delivery date phone call to confirm everything ok. less than 24 hours before delivery date another phone call to confirm delivery. however there was problems with the worktops and they would follow in a month.

was not happy, so when to local store where we ordered it from. spent 1 hour trying to find someone to talk to. ended up picking another top.

so today im still waiting.

pity i missed rouge traders programme that i've been told B&Q featured in

yeah worktops have come

however no edging strip and the edging strip isn't stocked as standard, even though the worktop is

there must be a book in this

Back