Thread about possible site buyout removed

MontysEvilTwin

This thread has disappeared. @Michael: as it is your site you can do what you like, but when you were canvassing opinion about removing the thread, no one who expressed an opinion wanted the thread to be removed.

I didn't remove the thead. I'm also surprised it had been removed from public view.. certainly wasn't me though.. It wasn't my call hence why I asked for opinions..

The original poster requested that it be removed, as it was no longer relevant.

It might not have been relevant to him, but it was relevant to us. You could have just anonymised it.

Apologies Michael, I had assumed it was you: my fault entirely. @Brian: my point about the general consensus is unchanged. Removing all irrelevant material from this site would be quite an undertaking.

In his opinion. Not in any of the rest of ours. I request you reinstate it.
I will reinstate this thread, although all content from the OP should be removed, (including quotes from his posts, contained within other members posts).

Black Hole's suggestion to make the OP anonymous makes more sense. Selectively deleting the content will render the thread unintelligible.

Edit: crossed posts with Brian. OK so the OP has removed his posts. Why should quotes be struck down too?

Black Hole's suggestion to make the OP anonymous makes more sense. Selectively deleting the content will render the thread unintelligible.
How would you suggest that the OP be made anonymous?
Edit: crossed posts with Brian. OK so the OP has removed his posts. Why should quotes be struck down too?
The OP has chosen to delete his post, but is unable to delete quotes of it in other members posts.

How would you suggest that the OP be made anonymous?
The OP has chosen to delete his post, but is unable to delete quotes of it in other members posts.
Change the name, remove identifying information from posts: I'm not saying it is the best solution, but better than deleting the whole thread. Why should he be able to remove his quotes from other peoples' posts? No one else can do this.

Edit. OK, thread reinstated now.

Last edited:
I'm staggered that just because you make a pig's ear of opening a thread, you are able to delete it and dismiss member's comments out of hand. It makes no sense to me.
I don't care if the OP is 17, you could see from the links that he had got into bother before and had to apologise several times. I think he should apologise to the Forum members and then be struck off or at least be prevented from beginning new threads.

'Struck Off'?? What is he, a doctor or something?:)
But he did ask for his account to be deleted as well.

I'm staggered that just because you make a pig's ear of opening a thread, you are able to delete it and dismiss member's comments out of hand. It makes no sense to me.
This is made possible because this forum currently allows users to edit their own posts without any time limitation.

This is made possible because this forum currently allows users to edit their own posts without any time limitation.
True, but not other users' posts which have quoted yours, and nor should it!

Back