Too many failed recordings. Looking for alternative box

Don't know whether mine is right or not, but mine looks like this and swaps the SD and HD versions, putting BBC one HD onto LCN 1 and BBC One onto LCN 101. Thus putting the HD version of BBCC One on "button one", ettc. etc.
Yours puts BBC One onto LCN 1 and BBC One HD onto LCN 101etc. etc. when this is their default LCN locations.
anyway. Not saying it's wrong, but just wondered why?Hummy.JPG

OK prpr, so his are the default values.

When you install tunefix it analyses your current set-up and builds a configuration file to duplicate it following a retune. Having apparently redundant entries is not a problem.

Hi everyone

Since I posted this message I have done loads of recordings all OK!
I dreaded saying that as I may be tempting fate :)

The only changes I have made is an update of the channels and installing the tunefix package
I am keeping my fingers crossed that these actions have "cured" my issues and I can trust the box again
I will report back I a week or 2 with a verdict

I also like some of the options available in the thread outlined in a previous post. Something to consider in the future. I might pick up a cheap box and install vix to see if it can do what I need before investing further

Cheers

Erne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

As a final note the box has been working fine and I have had no issues since I am pleased to say

In fact I have been so impressed with the support received and the fantastic flexibility of the firmware and associated packages I went out and picked up another HDR box

Thanks to all the developers and contributors who make this box so great

Regards

Ern

OK I'm convinced. You are only tuned to 1 transmitter as your screen shot in #12 matches Sandy Heath.

Yes, as another Sandy Heath use I can confirm that. I also have the Cambridge local TV mux but that's entirelt optional and nothing to do with this problem.

Back