Transfer recordings from Foxsat-HDR to HDR-1100S

Well this just gets curiouser and curiouser. I transferred all the movie files that I had saved from my old Humax box to my 128Gb USB3 stick formatted in NTFS, this time I re-formatted the stick and transferred just the .ts files. All my files had been recorded in SD and they included 5 Father Brown, a bunch of Homes under the Hammer (I know, don't ask) plus a number of films. This time round they all ran perfectly but when the stick was removed from the 1100S and put back in the PC two extra files have been added to each recording. They are the .hmi file mentioned earlier and now a .png file which is a thumbnail of the recording.

Graham I have downloaded MediaInfo and looked at one file's information which I can post if you now think that it is relevant. But from this latest set of tests I no longer have a problem in playing all my recordings from the memory stick and for me that means I can free up some space on my Hard Drive as I no longer need to stream them.

Well this just gets curiouser and curiouser. I transferred all the movie files that I had saved from my old Humax box to my 128Gb USB3 stick formatted in NTFS, this time I re-formatted the stick and transferred just the .ts files. All my files had been recorded in SD and they included 5 Father Brown, a bunch of Homes under the Hammer (I know, don't ask) plus a number of films. This time round they all ran perfectly but when the stick was removed from the 1100S and put back in the PC two extra files have been added to each recording. They are the .hmi file mentioned earlier and now a .png file which is a thumbnail of the recording.

Graham I have downloaded MediaInfo and looked at one file's information which I can post if you now think that it is relevant. But from this latest set of tests I no longer have a problem in playing all my recordings from the memory stick and for me that means I can free up some space on my Hard Drive as I no longer need to stream them.

If everything now works don't bother. Interesting you get a .hmi. If you open the .hmi in notepad do you see recognisable text about the video ?

If so there will be some interest in this file.

Last edited:
If everything now works don't bother. Interesting you get a .hmi. If you open the .hmi in notepad do you see recognisable text about the video ?

If so there will be some interest in this file.
All of the .hmi files say the same thing in notepad - Humax Media Info 2.0

All of the .hmi files say the same thing in notepad - Humax Media Info 2.0
Sorry just noticed that on the far right after the humax media info 2.0 each file has some odd characters, sometimes a rectangle, an arrow, an & sign etc. nothing readable.

Sorry just noticed that on the far right after the humax media info 2.0 each file has some odd characters, sometimes a rectangle, an arrow, an & sign etc. nothing readable.
The file will just contain a time stamp used by the resume function.

Back