Transferring Recordings ex 9300T

Goodbye9300

My Humax has been quite frankly a pain in the butt for all the time I have owned it. This is the second one in fact as they gave me a new one after 6 months or so and the problems I have read about on this Forum are very familiar to me

So it is going ! I have bitten the bullet and had enough. I am giving it to a relative (very good of me) but have some recordings that I would like to keep specifically the Tour de France in Yorkshire and London but is it possible to keep them somehow please

I am a duffer when it comes to such stuff but if I could save those 3 Progs I would be chuffed ! All the other recordings as Films I could do again and would not miss anyway. So is it possible to copy the Progs to PC or External Hard Drive and if yes can you give me a total idiots guide please

Just thought I could look for DVD's of TDF on Ebay as well.

Many thanks jt

Can you access the Hummy's filing system with your computer? If so, copy off the ***.ts files for the progs that you want to save. Come back if you want more help. I had a 9300 and copied the .ts files onto my T2 and they play fine.

I am a duffer when it comes to such stuff but if I could save those 3 Progs I would be chuffed ! All the other recordings as Films I could do again and would not miss anyway. So is it possible to copy the Progs to PC or External Hard Drive and if yes can you give me a total idiots guide please
The only way to transfer directly is to open the Humax, connect the hard drive to a PC (typicall use a USB to SATA adapter) and use humaxrw to copy the programs over. It is possible but if you consider yourself a duffer then I suspect you will consider it too difficult. The alternatives are to use a DVD recorder and record the programs from the 9300 during play back or source the material you want from someone else.

I don't remember using humaxrw, but if you say so, I suppose I must have done. I know I have got recordings from my Foxsat and 9300 on my T2 and they all play. Not sure about the sidecar files for them though.

I don't know of a way other than humaxrw but if you do then please enlighten us.
He doesn't - it's just a forgotten detail of something done a long while ago. We all do that, and if you are young enough not to... prepare to join the club sooner or later. There's no need to rub it in.

The only way to transfer directly is to open the Humax, connect the hard drive to a PC (typicall use a USB to SATA adapter) and use humaxrw to copy the programs over. It is possible but if you consider yourself a duffer then I suspect you will consider it too difficult. The alternatives are to use a DVD recorder and record the programs from the 9300 during play back or source the material you want from someone else.
Hi and thanks for all the replies so far

I do get challenged when seeing Acronyms and the prospect of copying the programmes over but will have a look at what humaxrw actually is as it may not be that onerous and I have 10 days before I will unplug the 9300 and hand it over to Sister in Law (future trouble there for me)

I am intrigued though to see if I had a DVD Recorder I could use that to Record (in real time) from the 9300T and will look for one immediately as that seems a "duffer free zone" and I could record each Prog from Bedtime onwards

I tried yesterday for the original recordings but most I found were highlights of the whole Race rather than the first 3 UK Stages. Its quite likely I will never watch them back anyway but if I have them I still have the option to relive almost every minute of the TV Transmission !

Many thanks again to all

You may be more comfortale using an extract tool with a front end rather than line commands.

There is a front end version of Humaxrw linked to at
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/9300-transfers.166/#post-3290
I remember seeing a couple of different posts by people who though they would find the raw humaxrw to daunting and managed to use the front end easily enough.

If I recall correctly there is also hummyreadfiles which would work on some 64 bit windows and also has a front end 'built in'.
https://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=153

For both of them you would still need to temporary remove the hard drive form the 9300 and attach to to yor PC using a powered SATA/USB adapter or caddy (cost about £10).

If I recall correctly there is also hummyreadfiles which would work on some 64 bit windows and also has a front end 'built in'.
https://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=153
Does Hummyreadfiles support the 9150/9300? The file system is subtly different to the 9200 and humaxrw certainly required modification to work with the 9300/9150 and as the last version of hummyreadfiles is dated at about the time the 9300 was first released I suspect it may not have been modified.

Hi. I am new to this forum but have been a Humax owner since 2008, and recommended one to my Mother in Law. Her 9300t has been having a number of issues and so I decided to do something about it. Thinking I could possibly do a defrag on the Seagate drive, I connected it through a powered SATA/USB cable to discover that the Windows laptop did not recognise the hard drive (I presume due to it having a format not recognisable by Windows). Plan B - I had previously read about a programme called humaxrw out there, so I replaced the existing Seagate hard drive with a smaller WD one temporarily, so at least she could hopefully use it with confidence, and tried to find a copy of Humaxrw. To no avail. So, to the reason for this post, is there anyone out there that can either a) point me in the right direction to find a download, or b) email me a copy? It would be very much appreciated.

Hi. I am new to this forum but have been a Humax owner since 2008, and recommended one to my Mother in Law. Her 9300t has been having a number of issues and so I decided to do something about it. Thinking I could possibly do a defrag on the Seagate drive, I connected it through a powered SATA/USB cable to discover that the Windows laptop did not recognise the hard drive (I presume due to it having a format not recognisable by Windows). Plan B - I had previously read about a programme called humaxrw out there, so I replaced the existing Seagate hard drive with a smaller WD one temporarily, so at least she could hopefully use it with confidence, and tried to find a copy of Humaxrw. To no avail. So, to the reason for this post, is there anyone out there that can either a) point me in the right direction to find a download, or b) email me a copy? It would be very much appreciated.
What do you imagine humaxrw will achieve for you? As far as I know, it only provides file access - no facility to defrag or anything like that.

Copy off, format, copy back = effective defrag (really it fixes the filesystem errors these machines are prone to).

Copy off, format, copy back = effective defrag (really it fixes the filesystem errors these machines are prone to).
Which will work on a 9200T but according to various reports the putting it back bit doesn't work properly on a 9300T.

What do you imagine humaxrw will achieve for you? As far as I know, it only provides file access - no facility to defrag or anything like that.
My plan A was that, after 5 years of recording and deleting files, the disc like a computer one might be playing up due to it being fragmented and I could just defrag it insitu. But, since I could not get the laptop to recognise it I thought I could now do the same by (as prpr suggests) taking the files off the disc with Humaxrw.exe, wiping the disc (rather than defrag) and put them back. Hence the request for a copy of Humaxrw.exe (Martin, I will PM you from the other forum if that's ok). The issue with my MoL's machine is multiple unfortunately. She gets the sound and image skipping thing on most of the programmes she records now (used to be films only), and she has now told me that it reboots randomly mid afternoon (which, after taking the lid off to replace the disc there are large areas of brown on the underside of the lid which makes me think it is over heating). Not sure what the next plan is yet!

Back