Transferring recordings to PC

Occamoo

Hi,

I've just updated the firmware on my HDR FOX T2 and all went well, I can now access the web interface.

However ii'm struggling with downloading Videos to my PC.

Here are the issues i'm struggling with.

1) Not sure what decrypt does, it gives an error saying not indexed if i try it
2) if i change the enc (ryption) toggle it will switch off, but if i put it back on it won't go off again (not that i need to do it)
3) if i download from the opt+ icon it just trys to play it in WMC and hangs, i want to transfer it not just play from a temporary file
4) i did manage to save videos using http://[my hummy ip]/media but can't play either hd or sd on my pc (i tried WMC & VLC)

I really want to be able to download files over network to my pc to convert to mp4 for ipad etc..

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

StDef or HiDef?

The easiest way of transferring content to your PC is indeed using the download option in the web interface media browser, but you need to make some preparations first. In particular, you need to turn on media sharing in the HDR-FOX menus (these facilities are not available to HD-FOX). Once you have done that, there is no impediment to downloading StDef recordings AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ALLOWED TIME AFTER THE RECORDING FOR THE DLNA SERVER TO INDEX THE NEW CONTENT.

For HiDef, the protection mechanisms will not allow the content to be downloaded as is. Clearing the Enc flag is not sufficient*, you have to be running auto-unprotect, and then once the Enc flag has been cleared by that process the download option will work.

* Clearing the Enc flag would be sufficient to make a decrypted USB copy with the remote control.

NEW READERS START HERE

2) if i change the enc (ryption) toggle it will switch off, but if i put it back on it won't go off again (not that i need to do it)

You might have found a bug there, I doubt many people want to do that and have tested it. Understand that "Enc" does not mean the file is encrypted or unencrypted, it means that the Humax will protect it from being decrypted.

Thanks for the reply. I just enabled content sharing (menu - system- internet setting - content share?) strangely from the opt+ it doesn't start downloading, but i can through the old menu, but still won't play on pc.

How long does it take for dnla server to index?

Will it only work for new recordings after enabling sharing?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, normally ok at picking up this sort of thing :s

Paul

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

I'm pulling out what little hair I have left ;-p. I can't download recordings with the download button from webif, it just tries to play them (and fails). I'm wondering if the custom firmware hasn't installed properly, it say webif version 0.87 and custom firmware 1.14 on webif home page, does that seem right?

Thanks,

Paul

Aha! I have a similar problem, and it's connected with Internet Explorer - are you using IE?

There is a work-around, you will need to download a little utility called wget. If you access the Index to Existing Informative Threads, under "Downloading Recordings" you will find THIS LINK (click) for further information.

...furthermore, I think I might have twigged what's causing it (too busy tonight to look into it): if the file properties for a .ts file say "execute" rather than "save", that's what IE will try to do. I could be wrong, but I reckon that's a reasonable guess.

...furthermore, I think I might have twigged what's causing it (too busy tonight to look into it): if the file properties for a .ts file say "execute" rather than "save", that's what IE will try to do. I could be wrong, but I reckon that's a reasonable guess.

Some program must have associated itself with .ts files - on my Windows 7 virtual machine it's Media Player:
tswm.png

Remove that association and it should download fine. Unfortunately it is being downloaded directly from the Humax media server so we don't have any control over how it is presented and aren't able to force download as opposed to open.

Thank you both very much.

I couldn't seem to find the setting in Internet Explorer, so just downloaded and tried Firefox, worked a treat, even managed to get HD playing.

Thanks!

Paul

Some program must have associated itself with .ts files
Remove that association and it should download fine.

This seems very difficult to do in XP Home edition, I managed to Edit the registry with Start >> RUN >> Regedit >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >> .ts >> Name=(default) Type=REG_SZ Data = [Blank] e.g. remove all data entry

I don't run XP any more, but it should be easier than that. If I recall, in Windows Explorer and then by right-clicking on any file and accessing its properties, you can then click through to the file associations.

If I recall, in Windows Explorer and then by right-clicking on any file and accessing its properties, you can then click through to the file associations.

This allows you to add or change an association, But not remove one, as there is no 'do not associate' option

I might be being thick here, but where is the download button on the webif? I'm running IE8
In "Browse Media Files" click on the "OPT+" button to the right of the file you want to download, this gives you a drop down menu with "Download" being the fifth option from the top, assuming you are running the latest version of webif 0.8.9.

Hmm, that button doesn't do anything. I'm getting errors on the page :

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; msn OptimizedIE8;ENGB)
Timestamp: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:12:27 UTC

Line: 351
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://humaxhdr/cgi-bin/browse/browse.js

Hmm, that button doesn't do anything. I'm getting errors on the page :

Are you running the latest version of webif? Line 351 in the current browse.js looks ok to me but there was an IE problem with an earlier version.

I've just tried the download option using Firefox, and it worked OK for me.

Back