Transmission Torrent Problem

leet1970

I have loaded the Transmission Torrent modified software and all works well apart from, it downloads the files to /media/My Video/torrent on my external Hdrive by default. The folder isn't big enough to download any programmes onto and I have no idea to to partition the folder to make it bigger. I have tried renaming the download route to the main part of the hard drive but it always defaults back to it's default. Is there an easy way to do this if at all possible?

Thanks in advance

Why has this been removed please?
It hasn't been removed; it has been moved from the HD section to the Custom Firmware section which is where I think it belongs (unless you managed to install Transmission Torrent with the standard firmware?).

It hasn't been removed; it has been moved from the HD section to the Custom Firmware section which is where I think it belongs (unless you managed to install Transmission Torrent with the standard firmware?).

Phew, I thought I'd done something wrong and wrote something I shouldn't of ! Apologies for posting in the wrong section folks.

There is a setup file for transmission, here :- /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json but it specifies paths not drives / partitions, I think you will have to re-size the partition transmission is using with something like GParted , Partition Magic etc.
Code:
[Part of settings.json]

"download-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent",
    "download-queue-enabled": true,
    "download-queue-size": 5,
    "encryption": 0,
    "idle-seeding-limit": 30,
    "idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,
    "incomplete-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent/incomplete",

There is a setup file for transmission, here :- /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json but it specifies paths not drives / partitions, I think you will have to re-size the partition transmission is using with something like GParted , Partition Magic etc.
Code:
[Part of settings.json]

"download-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent",
    "download-queue-enabled": true,
    "download-queue-size": 5,
    "encryption": 0,
    "idle-seeding-limit": 30,
    "idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,
    "incomplete-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent/incomplete",

All this doesn't really mean much to me to be honest. Is there anywhere I can find the information step by step?

What I don't understand is why /media/My Video/torrent is not big enough, it should just be a directory(folder) on the external disk that you have connected via USB.

What disk(s) do you have connected and what free space is shown at the top right when you go into the Media screen using the remote control?

Hi,

/media/My Video/ has only allocated itself just 372MB in the folder. I presume it's set up it's own little partition away from all the available free space on the hard drive.

My external hard drive is a seagate 500GB with 279 GB still available. I'm having now problem recording etc etc onto the HD from the Fox HD.

Hope this helps

humax# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 16.2M 16.2M 0 100% /
tmpfs 61.0M 80.0K 60.9M 0% /tmp
tmpfs 61.0M 0 61.0M 0% /media
/dev/mtdblock1 2.0M 512.0K 1.5M 25% /var/lib/humaxtv
/dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /var/lib/humaxtv_backup
/dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt
/dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /media/drive1
/dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /opt/share/images/blue
/dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /media/drive1/[ModSettings]
humax#

/media/My Video/ has only allocated itself just 372MB in the folder.
Where do you see this number? There is definitely only one partition on that disk with, as you say, over 100G free.

Try:

Code:
humax# cd "/media/My Video/torrent"
humax# df -h .
humax# cd /media
humax# ls -l

To triple-check that this is on the same filesystem..

-/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/My Video/torrent
humax# df -h .
humax# cd /media
humax# 1s -1
-/bin/sh: 1s: not found
humax#

Ah - I see what's going on. This is an HD model so the lines in the transmission configuration file that refer to "/media/My Video/torrent" need to say "/media/drive1/torrent" instead.

If you shut down the transmission service and edit the configuration file, /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json - might be easiest to do it through the web interface Diagnostics->File editor - and replace all occurences of My Video with drive1 before saving and starting transmission again, you should be ok.

I'm planning to release an upgrade to the transmission package over the weekend and I will make it support the HD model a little more fully!

-/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/My Video/torrent
humax# df -h .
humax# cd /media
humax# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 Nov 9 16:30 drive1
humax#

Ah - I see what's going on. This is an HD model so the lines in the transmission configuration file that refer to "/media/My Video/torrent" need to say "/media/drive1/torrent" instead.

If you shut down the transmission service and edit the configuration file, /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json - might be easiest to do it through the web interface Diagnostics->File editor - and replace all occurences of My Video with drive1 before saving and starting transmission again, you should be ok.

I'm planning to release an upgrade to the transmission package over the weekend and I will make it support the HD model a little more fully!

I've changed what you said and it's worked a treat! What a great person you are! For me this is the biggest thing to happen to my Humax. Blumming brilliant. Now if only they could find a way to do it on my Foxsat then I'd be dancing naked in the street!! Thanks Again

Back