1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission Torrent Problem

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by leet1970, Nov 8, 2012.

1. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

I have loaded the Transmission Torrent modified software and all works well apart from, it downloads the files to /media/My Video/torrent on my external Hdrive by default. The folder isn't big enough to download any programmes onto and I have no idea to to partition the folder to make it bigger. I have tried renaming the download route to the main part of the hard drive but it always defaults back to it's default. Is there an easy way to do this if at all possible?

Thanks in advance

2. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

Why has this been removed please?

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Why has what been removed?

4. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

It hasn't been removed; it has been moved from the HD section to the Custom Firmware section which is where I think it belongs (unless you managed to install Transmission Torrent with the standard firmware?).

5. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

Phew, I thought I'd done something wrong and wrote something I shouldn't of ! Apologies for posting in the wrong section folks.

6. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

There is a setup file for transmission, here :- /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json but it specifies paths not drives / partitions, I think you will have to re-size the partition transmission is using with something like GParted , Partition Magic etc.
    Code:
    [Part of settings.json]

"download-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent",
        "download-queue-enabled": true,
        "download-queue-size": 5,
        "encryption": 0,
        "idle-seeding-limit": 30,
        "idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,
        "incomplete-dir": "/media/My Video/torrent/incomplete",

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

I think the OP is using an HD-FOX (he originally posted in the HD-FOX section).

8. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Ah, O.K. I have edited #6 to make more sence

9. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

All this doesn't really mean much to me to be honest. Is there anywhere I can find the information step by step?

10. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

What I don't understand is why /media/My Video/torrent is not big enough, it should just be a directory(folder) on the external disk that you have connected via USB.

What disk(s) do you have connected and what free space is shown at the top right when you go into the Media screen using the remote control?

11. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

Hi,

/media/My Video/ has only allocated itself just 372MB in the folder. I presume it's set up it's own little partition away from all the available free space on the hard drive.

My external hard drive is a seagate 500GB with 279 GB still available. I'm having now problem recording etc etc onto the HD from the Fox HD.

Hope this helps

12. af123

13. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

humax# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 16.2M 16.2M 0 100% /
    tmpfs 61.0M 80.0K 60.9M 0% /tmp
    tmpfs 61.0M 0 61.0M 0% /media
    /dev/mtdblock1 2.0M 512.0K 1.5M 25% /var/lib/humaxtv
    /dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /var/lib/humaxtv_backup
    /dev/mtdblock2 2.0M 1.2M 812.0K 60% /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt
    /dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /media/drive1
    /dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /opt/share/images/blue
    /dev/sda1 293.4G 152.5G 126.0G 55% /media/drive1/[ModSettings]
    humax#

14. af123

Where do you see this number? There is definitely only one partition on that disk with, as you say, over 100G free.

Try:

Code:
    humax# cd "/media/My Video/torrent"
    humax# df -h .
    humax# cd /media
    humax# ls -l

To triple-check that this is on the same filesystem..

15. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

-/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/My Video/torrent
    humax# df -h .
    humax# cd /media
    humax# 1s -1
    -/bin/sh: 1s: not found
    humax#

16. af123

Ah - I see what's going on. This is an HD model so the lines in the transmission configuration file that refer to "/media/My Video/torrent" need to say "/media/drive1/torrent" instead.

If you shut down the transmission service and edit the configuration file, /mod/etc/transmission/settings.json - might be easiest to do it through the web interface Diagnostics->File editor - and replace all occurences of My Video with drive1 before saving and starting transmission again, you should be ok.

I'm planning to release an upgrade to the transmission package over the weekend and I will make it support the HD model a little more fully!

17. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

Many thanks for this. Instead of changing it then shall I just wait until you've put your upgrade out?

18. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Both those should be lower case L , not digit 1.

19. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

-/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/My Video/torrent
    humax# df -h .
    humax# cd /media
    humax# ls -l
    drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 Nov 9 16:30 drive1
    humax#

20. leet1970

leet1970 New Member

I've changed what you said and it's worked a treat! What a great person you are! For me this is the biggest thing to happen to my Humax. Blumming brilliant. Now if only they could find a way to do it on my Foxsat then I'd be dancing naked in the street!! Thanks Again