1.0.98:
Remove Paramount Network+1​
LCN change from 95 to 23 for CCXTV​
LCN change from 23 to 95 for Create & Craft​
Mux. move for Create & Craft​
Mux. move for Sony Movies​
Mux. move for Trans World Radio​
Add Yesterday+1 on LCN 75 (COM5)​

Presumably some time around 22 June, if pop-ups on Freeview today are to be believed. Do you think that our sponsor has missed any recent update?

My Panasonic TV has been nagging about new channels for a few weeks and the RS EPG has been showing a retune instruction on channel 40 Sony Movies Action, though this now seems to have disappeared.

Could RS have been using EPG data from a box not using tune-fix update or not been otherwise retuned until very recently? I am in the Anglia region Tacolneston.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will there be any further updates?
Possibly? Probably? Who knows?
Do you think that our sponsor has missed any recent update?
As far as I'm aware, the only thing pending at the moment is the removal of Now 70s.
the RS EPG has been showing a retune instruction on channel 40 Sony Movies Action, though this now seems to have disappeared.
I'm not aware of any change on that channel. The last thing was a rename from movies4men last September.

I am going from memory, s may have been one of the other Sony channels.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1.0.100:
Remove NOW 70s​
Remove Pick+1​
Remove 5STAR+1​
Remove 5USA+1​
Remove CBS Reality+1​
Remove CBS Justice+1​
Remove Channel 4+1 HD​
Remove 4seven HD​
Remove TJC HD​
LCN change from 71 to 67 for CBS Drama​
Mux. move for Shopping Quarter​
Mux. move for FreeSports​
Mux. move for NOW 80s​
Mux. move for Together TV+1​
Mux. move for PBS America +1​
Mux. move for Forces TV​
Mux. move for BBC FOUR HD​
Mux. move for QVC HD​
Mux. move for QVC Beauty HD​
Mux. move for QUEST HD​
Mux. move for CBeebies HD​
Remove COM8 mux.​

Last edited:
The freeview website says there are no changes in my area. (The home page also said some changes have been delayed by Covid19.)

Well it seems update worked OK for this change. :thumbsup:

BBC Four has moved to 55 and a few other things shifted elsewhere. It also deleted 56 which I hadn't expected (I was going to check the signal to see when it actually got turned off, but I'll have to use the manual tuning menu if I want to now).

The only 'problem' was the moved ones got deleted from favourites and recording schedules but not a biggy as it happened. Still much easier than a retune.

Well it seems update worked OK for this change.
It works OK for every change.
It also deleted 56 which I hadn't expected (I was going to check the signal to see when it actually got turned off, but I'll have to use the manual tuning menu if I want to now).
There's nothing useful left on 56, so in order to prevent having to do another update to remove it, I decided to do it all in one go.
The only 'problem' was the moved ones got deleted from favourites and recording schedules but not a biggy as it happened.
That's what WebIf backup and restore is for. I've never really investigated if this can be incorporated into tunefix.
My auto-schedule-restore didn't work though on the box I had to retune to get the data for the update, and I expected it to. Nor does WebIf Schedule Restore seem to use Real-Time Scheduling. I kind of expected it to do that as well. Had to reboot.

That's what WebIf backup and restore is for.
I'd hoped it would do that but wasn't surprised when it didn't.
However, I now realise the boxes possibly didn't go through a reboot between whenever update worked and me next going in to set up recordings, etc.

Presumably update gets installed whenever the auto system detects a new one. Does it then run as soon as it is installed or at some other time like next boot?

Does it then run as soon as it is installed or at some other time like next boot?
The update package gets installed automatically, either just after 2am for boxes on at that time, or just after the next boot (standard anacron stuff).
It then gets implemented after the next reboot.

Back