[tunefix-update] Automated Freeview channel updates

Would it be possible to get the duplicate ITV3 channel on lcn 788 via tunefix-update? It is in higher def than the main channel.
It's obviously still on test and not on the DigitalUK list of official channels, so I'm not going to push out an update yet. In any case, 788 is in the range that tunefix will remove by default.
Having said that, if you want to do it yourself, you can paste this into /mod/boot/tunefix-update.conf and reboot:
Code:
CLONE|Channel 5|788|ITV3|8294|2300|2301|2302|2301|www.itv.com
You will need to make sure you've tweaked tunefix's config. first though.

You will need to make sure you've tweaked tunefix's config. first though.
For an amendment not to delete 788 tunefix's settings also needs checking after each subsequent package upgrade of tunefix as some amendments, but not all, are overwritten.
What would be the 'rules' for which are rolled back and which aren't? Or rather is there a way of defining the settings channel numbers to be deleted that would stop channel 788 from reappearing in the delete list when the tunefix package is next upgraded?
Before and after:
Before tunefix 1.7.1 .PNG After tunefix 1.7.1 .PNG
'500' has been retained but not the absence of 788.

What would be the 'rules' for which are rolled back and which aren't?
These LCNs are re-asserted for removal on tunefix upgrade: 211,260-299,675,678,787-799
because they are the streamed services which have no use and can crash the box, or the temporary place-holders for defunct services.
Or rather is there a way of defining the settings channel numbers to be deleted that would stop channel 788 from reappearing in the delete list when the tunefix package is next upgraded?
No.
This service on 788 is only temporary.

1.0.37:
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:
Sutton Coldfield (COM7, COM8 and Local)
Winter Hill (COM6, COM7 and COM8)​
Add Pick+1
Remove YourTV+1​

Last edited:
In the Sutton Coldfield area they have moved the Local Mux. out of the 700MHz and COMs 7 & 8 into the 700MHz, obviously only stage 1 in the bigger plan

Last edited:
In the Sutton Coldfield area they have moved the Local Mux. out of the 700MHz and COMs 7 & 8 into the 700MHz, obviously only stage 1 in the bigger plan
Can you still receive the local mux from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? It was supposed to have moved from 51 to 48 but I can't pick it up at all now here in Worcs. They may have dropped the power or changed the transmission mode. It is hard to find reliable information.

Yes I can still get 'Local' although I am closer to the transmitter than you are, here are the before (Top) and After (Bottom) Diagnostics :-

new-mux.jpg

1.0.38:
Whitehawk Hill (COM4, COM5 and COM6)​

1.0.39:
Dover (COM4)
Crystal Palace (COM7, COM8, Local)
Midhurst (PSB1, PSB2, COM4, COM6)
Rowridge (COM8, Local)​

Yes I can still get 'Local' although I am closer to the transmitter than you are, here are the before (Top) and After (Bottom) Diagnostics :-

View attachment 3436

On searching other threads, this looks like the issue I have, which is stopping RS from working correctly on just the one box where I was forced to do a manual retune (see RS thread). Boxes where tunefix-update took care of things show "Anglia" for all the muxes.

prpr: was there something coded into a tunefix-update which "corrected" the regions as part of the retune? If so, can it be forced, perhaps as part of tunefix to make the regions consistent after a manual retune?

Last edited:
prpr: was there something coded into a tunefix-update which "corrected" the regions as part of the retune?
No. It just carries on as the legacy region rather than the latest "Com78 National".
If so, can it be forced, perhaps as part of tunefix to make the regions consistent after a manual retune?
No. You need to refer your RS query to af123. I just retuned one of my HDRs and it shows up OK in RS.

No. It just carries on as the legacy region rather than the latest "Com78 National".

No. You need to refer your RS query to af123. I just retuned one of my HDRs and it shows up OK in RS.

Thanks prpr. That must mean that the mux was renamed by the broadcaster after tunefix-update did its stuff.

I will wait for advice from af123. In the meantime I have deleted the device from RS and (after a couple of hours) re-registered.

Edit: after waiting another couple of hours RS EBP just showing channels on COM 78, National region.

Last edited:
There's a mini auto-update built into tunefix-update now, just for updating itself.
Would it be possible to get the duplicate ITV3 channel on lcn 788 via tunefix-update? It is in higher def than the main channel.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/02/itv3-duplicate-goes-live-on-freeview.html?m=1

May confuse scheduling though, so may need more than simply being available.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Now official, but needs retune or tunefix-update.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/itv3-officially-moves-to-new-freeview.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1.0.41:
Mux. move for Sewing Quarter from COM6 to PSB2​
Add BBC RB HD on PSB3​

1.0.42:
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:​
Hannington (PSB3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, Local)​
Remove BBC RB HD​

Back