tv interference when playing back recordings

guygrand

Just lately whenever I play back something I've recorded on the hummy via the AV channel on the TV I can hear in the background whatever programme is currently being picked up by the TV.
The only way to avoid it is to tune the TV into a channel that isn't currently broadcasting anything before switching to AV to watch the recorded item.
I previously had the self same problem when playing back DVDs but this has now stopped. I may in fact have switched the scart leads over from DVD to Hummy when moving stuff around recently. Is it possible that a duff scart lead could cause this to happen or may there be some other explanation? Either way I have a feeling that it's probably something very basic.
Thanks for any help you can give me folks.

Just lately whenever I play back something I've recorded on the hummy via the AV channel on the TV I can hear in the background whatever programme is currently being picked up by the TV.
The usual fix for this is to remove pin 19 on the SCART cable. Has one of your SCART cables benn doctored and not the other one?

This should help with identification of the pins.

scart.gif

This is invariably cused by inadequately-screened scart leads and 'cross-talk' between the signal cables. Thin leads are much worse than thick ones, usually.

You probably did swap the leads round when moving things around. Swap them back!!

I've never needed to cut pin 19.... and it has to be done in the correct end of the cable to work in any case... do you know which?

This is invariably cused by inadequately-screened scart leads and 'cross-talk' between the signal cables. Thin leads are much worse than thick ones, usually.

You probably did swap the leads round when moving things around. Swap them back!!

I've never needed to cut pin 19.... and it has to be done in the correct end of the cable to work in any case... do you know which?

Yes, thanks for that. I figure this must be it & am replacing the offending lead, which is one of those very thin longer ones. Thanks everyone for your help.

Back