TV Portal app won't launch.

Can you describe your setup (make and model of all devices would help)? What is the Humax connected to? How does that box get to the Internet?
Thanks for your interest ..... My router is a Belkin enhanced wireless N150. Model F6D4230 uk4 - v.1000. I'm using the Humax dongle on the Humax HDR Fox T2 for wifi connection (which works).
The Fox T2 is connected to a Panasonic Viera TV by hdmi cable. Have I covered everything ? Cheers.

Thank you Martin. Neither of your settings seemed to work but then I set the Gateway address and the DNS address (on the Humax) to the Default gateway on the router and Hey Presto ..... lift-off !
The magic number for me is 192.168.2.1. Hope this might help the next newbie with this issue.
Cheers

To be fair, this often does seem to be a stumbling block. Sometimes it just resolves itself and you wonder whatever happened.

From memory, things known to cause trouble with iPlayer/TV Portal:

1. HD/HDR-FOX not having an aerial connection and therefore a system time defaulted to 1970.

2. HD/HDR-FOX not retrieving suitable Internet settings from the router when set to DHCP.

3. IP address conflict with existing network devices when set manually.

4. Router not allowing local network WiFi links to access external Internet connection.

5. Router needing a reset.

6. Particular ISPs using too small a packet size.

To be fair, this often does seem to be a stumbling block. Sometimes it just resolves itself and you wonder whatever happened.

Thanks for the helpful list Black Hole. I'll keep it handy tho' this afternoon TV Portal functioned properly for the first time. To quote your good self 'Sometimes it just resolves itself and you wonder whatever happened.'
Cheers
Jon

Have been a bit of a plank with all this. :frantic: Finally got the thing working fine after I plugged the LAN cable into the right box!!!!

I had plugged the cable into the BT box that is attached to the main telephone socket and not the wireless router. After plugging it into the wireless router it all worked fine.

So to all who just can't get the blinking thing to work, check you've got it plugged into the right box!

But thanks for all the help. :)

Thatcherman.

I carried on getting the 'error' message launching TV Portal until Humax technical suggested I checked the 'Security type' under 'Configure wi-fi'. I found the right 'security type' for my Belkin router on their website and things are now working fine.

Back