TV Portal for FOX SAT HDR?

Tomi

Hi. I have recentky bought a FOX SAT HDR and (mistakenly, it seems) hoped that it could be used to view online recordings like BBC iPlayer and 4OD. OK, the BBC iPlayer is there, but what about the rest? I see that the Freeview version seems to have a TV Portal through which viewers can access certain online material. Is there a workaround which we can access the same thing? Presumably this doesn't depend on the Freeview / Satellite parts of the boxes as it's all delivered through your internet connection.

Any advice, please.

ITV player is on ch 903. Don't know of any others, but someone else will be along in a while and give the definative answer

As well BBC iPlayer you can use ITV Player by going to channel 903. But even then not everything that is on BBC iPlayer on your computer is on the Foxsat version and you do not get HD programmes but only something they call Higher Quality. I have a nettop computer permanently connected to my TV and use this for full access to IP TV rather than rely on the crippled access provided by "portals" and the like.

Hi. I have recentky bought a FOX SAT HDR and (mistakenly, it seems) hoped that it could be used to view online recordings like BBC iPlayer and 4OD. OK, the BBC iPlayer is there, but what about the rest? I see that the Freeview version seems to have a TV Portal through which viewers can access certain online material. Is there a workaround which we can access the same thing? Presumably this doesn't depend on the Freeview / Satellite parts of the boxes as it's all delivered through your internet connection.

Any advice, please.

I too have purchased a FOXSAT HDR (because our house only has a sat. dish and no digital aerial) thinking that I'd be able to access iPlayer etc. If the ITV player is on ch 903 which channels are the BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc on, if they're there at all?
If they're not there then I've made a big mistake, I need a regular aerial installed and to swap my FOXSAT for a FOX T2 :(

Back