TV Portal Unavailable

damianiw

Hi

I'm currently on CFW 3.0 on my HDR Fox T2, tried to use the TV Portal to get to stream (and save :) ) an iplayer stream tonight but getting an Alert: an error occured whilst launching the application https://www.humaxtvportal.com

is this something specific to my box / connection ?

iPlayer was working fine for me at 22:15 this evening as well.
I am also on Sutton Coldfield transmitter, though I'm not sure whether this is relate to to the portal.

Hi

I'm currently on CFW 3.0 on my HDR Fox T2, tried to use the TV Portal to get to stream (and save :) ) an iplayer stream tonight but getting an Alert: an error occured whilst launching the application https://www.humaxtvportal.com

is this something specific to my box / connection ?
Do you have an aerial connected? This is the same symptom as one gets when the box doesn't know what the current date and time are; see Things Every... (click) section 6, third paragraph.

More info: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/tv-portal-wont-run.634/
Explanation and solution: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hd-fox-t2-no-system-clock-without-aerial-feed-tv-portal-problem.707/

Last edited:
Hi I'm on Rowridge, did have signal but had done retune then restored schedule, switched everything off overnight, I could browse to the cfw webif ok.

Will switch on and leave for a while this morning, on bbc mux.

I did notice after error only power button on remote worked, power off then on with remote required to clear ~ hopefully just a blip thanks for the replies,

Will update to latest cfw if not, just to see if that makes any difference

Ok really odd question but I guess factory reset wont wipe cfw and would I be best to then reapply schedules manually

Ok really odd question but I guess factory reset wont wipe cfw
Not the firmware component, and not the hard drive component as long as you decline the format hard drive option (which, of course, you will).

and would I be best to then reapply schedules manually
No need, the WebIF schedule restore will be sufficient. I would normally advise starting from a clean slate, but there is no reason to suppose that the restored schedule will not be a clean slate - the restoration process rebuilds the entries rather than just copying back a raw saved file.

Factory reset and same issue. Tried before restoring schedule, checked time In epg

Checked on pc and can browse to the url in the error, get a cert error but confirms internet connection is able to resolve.

ISP us BT and humax is cabled into router with tv.

So guessing if its not my isp and working for everyone else there's something corrupt

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is to clear the DRM data from the hidden service menu. I have no idea whether that will help, or if it has already been done as a result of the factory reset.

See Things Every... (click) section 9.

Clutching at straws, you could also try the system flush update (see the Wiki downloads section).

It is also worth checking the network settings on the Humax itself; especially DNS if it has been set manually.

Which portal version are you using? I am using "new-portal"; in fact I just used it half an hour ago and it worked fine.

If you know how to telnet into the box and get the "cli", then type the command "nslookup www.humaxtvportal.com". You should get output similar to the following (showing the DNS "server" used and the address found for "www.humaxtvportal.com"). If you do do this and get an error that doesn't help you understand the problem, post it back here.

Code:
hdrfoxt201# nslookup www.humaxtvportal.com
Server:    8.8.8.8
Address 1: 8.8.8.8 google-public-dns-a.google.com

Name:      www.humaxtvportal.com
Address 1: 168.63.40.83
hdrfoxt201#

Good idea will try that, address is dhcp but reserved on router so dns should be via isp and not an issue but didn't think of telnet to check what humax actually sees, I've not installed new portal

Will try both of these before the flush as would rather not lose my cfw settings

Don't! I never read your query as having a custom portal installed, and it would only add complications. Get the standard portal working before you decide to have a play with the custom portal.

You presumably have WebIF access, so the Humax is connecting on the local network OK. What you should do is Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (are you Ethernet or WiFi?), and check the settings there.

If you want a static IP address but the connection is via something which might not wake up in time for the DHCP request at boot time (eg HomePlug), select DHCP and click Apply. That should set the gateway etc correctly, you can then switch to Manual and configure the IP address you want (click Apply again).

Last edited:
Ok its resolving

humax# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr DC:D3:21:66:A7:15
inet addr:192.168.1.80 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:67 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:71 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:6075 (5.9 KiB) TX bytes:7995 (7.8 KiB)
Interrupt:16

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:715 (715.0 B) TX bytes:715 (715.0 B)

humax# nslookup www.humaxtvportal.com
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost

Name: www.humaxtvportal.com
humax# clear
humax# nslookup www.humaxtvportal.com
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost

Name: www.humaxtvportal.com
humax#

Is the loop back there due to other packages like the virtual usb ?

Either way I haven't had this issue before and have used iplayer previous but maybe I've updated a package hence the issue

Back