1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Portal Updated

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Ezra Pound, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

I noticed that the TV Portal has been updated with 3 new additions Picasa, Teletext Holidays and Facebook, Also it is no Longer BETA

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Excellent! Three more things I won't use (which is not to say nobody else will).

3. Andy MacRae

Andy MacRae New Member

I noticed the update today also. I've tried logging into facebook & had an email saying my access was denied, as i tried to login from a different computer/ device.

I logged in through my pc to reactivate the account and it has said that the location for the unauthorised access was Seoul, Korea.

Is there any reason why this would be?

4. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

If I recollect correctly, it is where the portal server is located.

5. Andy MacRae

Andy MacRae New Member

Ah, ok. Facebook also mentioned that it was accessed by the chrome browser on windows 7. I was unsure if this was legitimate, due to the access point and browser choice

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

This might be a substantial problem if the cloud services fail because you're not "in the UK". I guess the BBC must have made special provision, because their services would normally block access from outside UK.

7. keytouch

keytouch Member

Was there a method for fooling humax portal into letting you use it from a computer? If so, this could be a good work around to watch iplayer when outside of the UK

8. James B

James B Member

I have the sme facebook error too on the HD-Fox T2. I even allowed the SEoul location too. Hmm.

9. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

You can see the portal from a PC browser by typing in the URL - I don't think it lets you do anything though. There is some kind of encrypted exchange which authenticates the Humax box with the Humax site.

10. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

There is, but it isn't straightforward. You need to extract the client certificate and private key from the Humax firmware and reverse engineer the password that protects the private key (humax2010hdrfoxt21kssl) then change your browser's user agent and make it authenticate with the portal web site using this private key/certificate pair. You also need to request the same URL as the box which includes the MAC address and system ID as part of the request..

It did work last time I tried it.

Sam Widges likes this.
  11. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Facebook seems to have disappeared again.

12. fattakin

fattakin Member

Just seen a tweet from Humax that Teletext Holidays app is launching on the HD & HDR Fox. Not that I'll use it but good to see they are still working on apps. Any sign of it yet?

13. Ezra Pound

See my post #1 (top of this thread) it was there on the 5th January

14. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Here's interesting:

Link (click)

15. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

Facebook did work, it's just it was shite!
    You had to authorize access to login from Korea, load times were awful and videos did not play!
    They need to start again on that one as no one will use it in its current format.

16. Danny2001

Danny2001 New Member

All they need to do is have a good web browser with tab browsing features..

17. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

The Humax doesn't have spare memory or processing power for a "good web browser".

18. Ezra Pound

It would be a bit difficult to enter stuff without a keyboard

19. MattC

MattC Member

Browsing the web on a TV isn't a great experience. I'd rather do it on a tablet or my phone.

20. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

No, it's muh nicer using the smartglass app and my Xbox 360.