TV Portal Updated

Ezra Pound

I noticed that the TV Portal has been updated with 3 new additions Picasa, Teletext Holidays and Facebook, Also it is no Longer BETA

I noticed the update today also. I've tried logging into facebook & had an email saying my access was denied, as i tried to login from a different computer/ device.

I logged in through my pc to reactivate the account and it has said that the location for the unauthorised access was Seoul, Korea.

Is there any reason why this would be?

Ah, ok. Facebook also mentioned that it was accessed by the chrome browser on windows 7. I was unsure if this was legitimate, due to the access point and browser choice

This might be a substantial problem if the cloud services fail because you're not "in the UK". I guess the BBC must have made special provision, because their services would normally block access from outside UK.

Was there a method for fooling humax portal into letting you use it from a computer? If so, this could be a good work around to watch iplayer when outside of the UK

Was there a method for fooling humax portal into letting you use it from a computer? If so, this could be a good work around to watch iplayer when outside of the UK
You can see the portal from a PC browser by typing in the URL - I don't think it lets you do anything though. There is some kind of encrypted exchange which authenticates the Humax box with the Humax site.

There is, but it isn't straightforward. You need to extract the client certificate and private key from the Humax firmware and reverse engineer the password that protects the private key (humax2010hdrfoxt21kssl) then change your browser's user agent and make it authenticate with the portal web site using this private key/certificate pair. You also need to request the same URL as the box which includes the MAC address and system ID as part of the request..

It did work last time I tried it.

Just seen a tweet from Humax that Teletext Holidays app is launching on the HD & HDR Fox. Not that I'll use it but good to see they are still working on apps. Any sign of it yet?

Just seen a tweet from Humax that Teletext Holidays app is launching on the HD & HDR Fox. Not that I'll use it but good to see they are still working on apps. Any sign of it yet?

See my post #1 (top of this thread) it was there on the 5th January

Here's interesting:

Link (click)

A couple of days ago I asked Humax what's happening and this is the response received today:

Dear Customer,

Sky player is still in development, we have no release time at this stage.

Facebook and some other services were launched in error, they shouldn’t have appeared on the TV portal yet as our engineers and software department was testing something, although Facebook did appear for some time, we believe key aspects of the application were not accessible, such as login. When we have a release date for future applications we will contact customers and update our website accordingly.

Facebook did work, it's just it was shite!
You had to authorize access to login from Korea, load times were awful and videos did not play!
They need to start again on that one as no one will use it in its current format.

Back