TV Settings

Kev03

Hi all I have a phillips lcd 32" it says the tv is hd ready and I was wondering is it best to set my humax to 1080i or 1080p as I was told that because it's not full hd don't select 1080p can someone help me out?
Thanks

It doesnt really matter, its up to you which looks best.

HD Ready generally means a max of 720p. So by selecting 1080i or p, the tv will downscale it to 720p.

In this case it depends how good the tv's scaler is. Some are better than others.
Personally, I would set the box to 1080p (the max) and leave it at that. But it's up to you and your eyes to make the judgement call.

Okay thanks I had the same issue with the settings for my games console too as I was reading this today :
720 means the resolution of the screen is 1280 x 720 horizontal lines that are progressively scanned on to the screen. 720p's progressively scanned image means that it handles fast moving action much better than 1080i signals. It is a format that is ideal for sports, action movies and video games.
Sometimes you will also see the 720p resolution listed as 720p/50. The 50 means that 50 complete frames are shown per second.
Most TV broadcasts are either in 720p or 1080i formats.
The sort of say that it benefits gaming although I'm not sure how much by!

Does it not have an Original or Native setting? I prefer to let my TV take care of any upscaling/rescaling that may need doing thus avoiding potential double-scaling which can only be worse.

Does it not have an Original or Native setting? I prefer to let my TV take care of any upscaling/rescaling that may need doing thus avoiding potential double-scaling which can only be worse.

Yeah it does it have that option, will give that a try thanks!

Back