Two Problems While Trialling CF 1.03.12 on HDR-Fox T2

Mount status doesn't stop you accessing the device. How would you mount the filesystem if it did? In any case, here we use filesystems within partitions, so mounting the HDD is meaningless.
Fine, but explain why df didn't produce the wanted output.

explain why df didn't produce the wanted output.
Because it only looks at mounted filesystems, and they (obviously) weren't mounted. It's the wrong command.
On a sane Linux system you could use the lsblk command, but we don't have that.
Something you could (moderately) easily do is this:
Code:
humax# cat /sys/block/sd?/device/model
File-Stor Gadget
ST3500312CS
and then the first line is sda, the second is sdb and so on. Or you can just guess or use experience and knowledge to work out what it's going to be.

Because it only looks at mounted filesystems, and they (obviously) weren't mounted.
I guessed that, but what causes them not to be mounted? It's not just Maintenance Mode, because I was in Maintenance Mode when I took the screenshot in post 51. fixdisk? I presumed that only took file systems off-line one at a time.

Have learnt a lot today - many thanks for everyone's tutelage (and patience). We'll use the PVR as normal and see how things go over the next week or so. I wonder how many have installed the CF - in the 10s or 100s?

I expect the total number CF installations to be significantly larger, if even a keen user like myself has not found RS necessary.

First freeze/auto-restart since running fixdisk five days previously - two recordings in progress when tried to select a third channel to watch; happened after the can't-change-channel warning appeared. Similar circumstances as on Tue 14 Nov.
you could run diag crashdiag and post the results though I am not sure who is able to interpret the output
I'll give this a go in the hope it will yield some clues.

...Update:

Please select option: cli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13

To return to the menu, type: exit

humax# diag crashdiag
Running: crashdiag
No core directory.
humax#

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
two recordings in progress when tried to select a third channel to watch; happened after the can't-change-channel warning appeared.
Be aware that a rapid series of command inputs, as might happen if the unit appears to be refusing to co-operate, can trigger a crash.

You need to have installed the crashdig package before this will work.
Ah! Have just webif installed at the moment. Is crashdig likely to tell me anything useful in the event of further freezes/auto-restarts, do you know?

Update: Checking available packages this is actually crashdiag, of course. While it's meant to capture diagnostic files from crashing processes what I was really asking is whether this has proved useful in practice.

Last edited:
I think the only one who regularly tried to interpret them was @af123. AFAIK most of the them were caused by problems in the Humax supplied code rather than CF related and so not correctable by us

More crash evidence. Yesterday I removed our new TV from its stand unplugging, at the TV, the HDMI from the in-standby PVR. After punching a 1.25" dia hole in the stand's upright to facilitate cable management (1.6mm steel - hard work!) the PVR was subsequently reconnected and taken out of standby whereupon it crashed and restarted. This was logged in crash.log

At around 19:45 while recording both the snooker and Strictly and with my wife playing the latter recording (having skipped only the opening titles) after about 30 minutes the screen went blank. While it was possible to watch live TV, attempting to play the Strictly recording - or any others in the library - produced the "No signal" warning triangle.

We left it until 20:00 to see if the Strictly recording had continued - but it hadn't (neither had the snooker). Put PVR into standby and noted HDD didn't power-down (listened closely). Mains off/on restored normal operation. No entries in crash.log for this second incident.

• Could unplugging HDMI be relevant - last crash had been 8 days previously when HDMI also disconnected?
  • HDD not powering down when putting into standby has been noted previously after crashes.
  • Recording two programmes at the same time seems to create a vulnerability to crashes.

Back